Passanger side Mirror Vandalized

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passanger side Mirror Vandalized

Few weeks ago my passanger side mirror was vandalized, its just the glass with with pieces still remaning, well its getting annoying, I need to replace it. Anyone know where I can get just the replacement glass, Gm part number??, I assume its like the 3rd gen where it attaches by adhesive. Looked around the local auto stores they dont carry 93 and up TA glass. Thanks!
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

You may want to check Ebay, but I doubt that you will be able to find just the mirror part. You will probably have to buy the complete mirror.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

The complete mirror? I doubt it, that would include the whole assembly plus painting.
      1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Glass replacement

Usually a good place to try is your local glass repair shop. The wife took her car there and they had her fixed up in about 30 min.
        95 Beater Bird
        97 Grand Prix GTP
        03 VW Jetta

"The problem is not in looking stock, but in being stock"

Comment

Well, I used to see a-l-o-t of the 93-02 Firebird mirrors on Ebay, of just about any color you could want, but I didn't see any today. I did see a seller that sells just the mirror part though:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33649

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

I just went through something like this a couple of months ago. I found out that you can only buy the glass or the whole side view assembly. I needed the clip that attaches the mirror to the motor and it was only sold in the whole side view assembly. So I bought the whole thing and had a buddy paint it for me. This is the expierience that I had at a Chev dealer, so I hope that you dont have to go through that because those s.o.b's are expensive(I think it was $175 Canadian without paint). I still might have the side view without clip or mirror, if you need that.
            97 SS #C007
            Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
            SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Here's another ebay auction with just the glass

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6781
              Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

Thanks for the links guys, the first ebay auction the guy wants $68 plus shipping just for the shade of blue mirror, i guess its polarized, the one hes selling on ebay is just a plain mirror.
                I know i found a part number once just for the glass it self, ill have to look for it maybe someone here can confirm it.
                I am just curious if the glass is attached by adhesive, on my 84 TA you could just shatter the old one and clen up the glue and stickthe new one on.
                1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Can anyone confirm the part number: 12528881 for the mirror part from GM. I looked on Gmparts direct they are asking $31, not bad. I got it fron TA parts manual, next to it reads "reuse frame by braking old glass" .
                  1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X