Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Bites!

I've have to rant for a moment.......

Sometimes the owners of retail establishments have no clue. During the Holiday season, many places have extended hours. This particular mall that our shop resides in, opened this morning at 8 am. Keep in mind that we are in po-dunk middle of nowhere. The only people that have been here in the last hour are employees of the shops. The amount of electricity used, payroll of employees, not to mention the physical waste of time doesn't equate to generating any profits. At times, the money greedy corporations don't have a clue as to how to properly manage a business for peak productivity. They just don't understand the concept that to spend $4000 in electricity and payroll of roughly 200 persons to generate $400 in food court income for breakfast is not a wise business decision. It is the ludicrous quest for the almighty dollar that shows the true greed of capitalist retail America and the degredation of the true meaning of Christmas. The place should have sayed closed until a more reasonable hour.

OK, now that I have that out of my system, at least I can phart around on the board for a couple of hours. I would have a much brighter outlook of the day if I could have been inspecting the insides of my eyelids for another couple of hours.

I hear you Joe, what a waste of money and time.

Speaking of retail, our daughter used to have a part time job in a store at the local mall. That was before she had a car. She would sleep in as late as possible, crawl out of bed and call a taxi to get her there in time. With a bicycle she could have made it in less than 10 min. but who wants to be seen with one. One loosers walk, take bikes or use the bus???

She spent her first and last hour and 1/2 to pay for the cab and then wondered why she would never have any money??

I know, not about greediness but stupiness.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Joe I don't necessarily disagree with you but all of this gets complicated around the holidays. And if your competition is going to be open then you are forced to open too especially if you are part of a large national retail chain. Having been part a huge retail organization myself with thousands of stores, there is just no way to deal with all of these nuances at times.

As far as I am concerned, they can cancel Christmas anyway ...........I never could enjoy it when I had to be there to "serve the people" and work all those crazy hours while everyone else was off and having fun (or sleeping in). Now I know why I hated the retail business. Thank God I am not part of it anymore.

Joe......are you ready for Christmas clearance beginning on Sunday .........I'll be thinking about you while I am watching football games at home.
      Dave S
      2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by SS_CarGuy

Joe......are you ready for Christmas clearance beginning on Sunday .........I'll be thinking about you while I am watching football games at home.
        Bite me.

I think I'll call in sick. I'm already over budget anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Bite me.

I think I'll call in sick. I'm already over budget anyway.

Dave S
          2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X