Posi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posi

Hey, I've got a 95 3.4L Firebird (auto) and can get a posi with 3.93 richmond gears for 100 bucks. Sound like a good deal, but is itcompatible? What kind of gains would something like this give?

Originally posted by and11200
    Hey, I've got a 95 3.4L Firebird (auto) and can get a posi with 3.93 richmond gears for 100 bucks. Sound like a good deal, but is itcompatible? What kind of gains would something like this give?
    Is it an entire rear axle assembly or just the carrier and gears? Installation of the carrier and gears will cost around $400, if it is not already assembled.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

A few things to consider:

The gears are too deep for a stock 3.4.... you will actually lose performance. You will be better off finding a complete takeout rear from a LT-1 stick car from 93-97 with the 3.42s. They can be had for usually around $250 and come complete with rear disc brakes. Also get the 1 piece driveshaft from the same car as the stock 2 piece in v6s are crap. The sencond issue is going to be speedometer reprogramming. I'll have to do some checking, but reprogramming the V6 computers has been a problem due to the lack of stuff available. It appears everyone was into the V8s and pretty much ignored the V6s. At least with the 3.42, the speedo will only be about 5 mph off at 70.

Comment

Working...
      X