No announcement yet.

best LT1 supercharger w/intercooler....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best LT1 supercharger w/intercooler....

Whats the best Supercharger with intercooler set up on the market...?
    anyone with that set-up on this board...? i will have about $4,000 to play with. will that make a dent in that set up... ...? will my 95 110,000 mile LT1 handle it...? not planning on doing a rebuilt...
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Procharger!!!!!
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

^^^ Yup! From what i gather, the lt1 can handle up to 7-8lbs of boost on the stock engine. Not sure how the mileage plays in, but at 110K i think it wouldnt be a bad idea to do some work on the internals before adding all that power.

Also, You might want to look into turbos. Not to get you more confused at what to look for, but if it is your Daily Driver... you might not always want/need the boost (lol, yeah right!?!). So, with the TC you could turn the boost down for daily commuting to work till your at the track and want the boost.

--Just my .02
      99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

I'm going to throw caution in here. If you take into account that these engines were not made to withstand boost fresh out of the box, I wouldn't do it on a high mile motor. The way you would set up bearing tolerances, select piston material and design for a N/A motor, isn't necessarilty the way you would set it up for a boosted motor. My bet is that if you were to add pressure with those miles, one false step and you'll crush the ring lands and or spin bearings and you'll have to take it apart for a rebuild. You should be able to raise the HP levels with bolt on parts for a decent running normally aspirated motor and still get some life out of it. My vote is to add componants that will be beneficial for both until the engine needs a rebuild. Then have it built correctly to withstand a blower and you're ready for some long lasting fun.

Comment

Superchargers are a nice, but on a high mile LT1 you are just asking for .

I think your money would be well spent on doing some suspension/chassis upgrades as well as some fresh internal motor work. Then you will have a healthy foundation from which to build further.

Comment

good replies.....thanks guys.....got more ?'s now......
            fast TA what would some fresh internal motor work include.....?
            what would it cost......?
            after internal work done i'm sure i would be able to install the SC correct..?
            i was also considering another option. getting the heads and intake ported and instaling a cc306 cam with heavy duty timing chain all other stuff needed plus getting the pc programmed for the new mods. but i would not be close to the 30% or so HP the SC would give.....correct....
            eddie
            1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Working...
            X