$paint job$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $paint job$

how much should i expect to pay for a good paint job on a 4th gen convertible firebird?

Originally posted by SAVAGE F-BODY
    how much should i expect to pay for a good paint job on a 4th gen convertible firebird?
    Define good. Paint jobs can run from $99.95 "I'll paint any car any color" (Earl Shives slogan in Atlanta) to several thousand dollars.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

a paint job like the car has from the factory

Comment

roughly $2K
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

ok thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            Define good. Paint jobs can run from $99.95 "I'll paint any car any color" (Earl Shives slogan in Atlanta) to several thousand dollars.
            Are you serious ?
            -Nick-
            95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
              Are you serious ?
              Oh yea. He's been here since the 1950s. They'll paint over anything from chrome bumpers to emblems to bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                Oh yea. He's been here since the 1950s. They'll paint over anything from chrome bumpers to emblems to bugs.
                Funny but true. Actually Earl Shrives $300 jobby isn't too bad if you are really on a budget.

For a complete QUALITY paintjob that includes the door jambs and all adjacent body panels you are looking at roughly 2k - 2.5k. The extent of the prep, number of coats of clear, and the extent of the cut and buff process will dictate final cost.

Comment

I am looking to get my vert painted in the spring.. I am budgeting 3K and HOPEING that covers it considering my front end needs a bit of work as well.. ie: headlight header is broke and the fender doesn't line up with the bumper cover quite right..

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
                  Mods are:
                  18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims
                  Hot Wheels steering wheel cover
                  Hurst Classic Shifter Ball with 6-speed pattern
                  K&N CAI , I LIKE IT!! it REALLY does make a difference!

more pictures of the hooptie

Comment

If anyone in New England is looking for a great paint job, I would recommend Matt Kozak at Chicken's Customs in Wocester, Ma. $2K - $2.5K is a reasonable cost to expect, for getting the same color (i.e. no under hood, etc.).

Comment

i asked around last time they want me 3500 $ for whole car.
                      2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                      SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                      Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

I know it is 350 down here for just the hood. Thats optioning for the scoop to be sprayed black too. Soon it will get done. Not soon enough though.
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                        Traded in: 1998 Z28
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

3k unless its black, budget for more on black, as they usually want to make sure the body is absoloutly strait, as black shows every imperfection.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                          6.2L/382.97 ci
                          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                          WCT-5 speed
                          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                          Boss MS 18" Rims
                          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                          Custom Dual exhaust
                          1LE upgrade
                          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror