Edelbrock TES headers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock TES headers.

I've been pricing headers, on jegs these TES headers are less then $400 bucks and edelbrock from my experiance is a solid name brand. It has a few notes when you look at the part number..

1) - Replaces exhaust manifolds only. No extension pipes included.
    2) - Must use stock A.I.R. tubes.
    3) - Requires welding to attach OEM exhaust.
    4) - Provides extra ground clearance for lowered suspensions.
    5) - Automatic trans only.
    6) - Stainless steel construction for heavy duty and towing.

In the picture it shows the 'extension pipes' but I guess it's just the headers I'm buying? If I don't have the OEM exuast can I not use these? I have an automatic trans.

If I can use this with my aftermarket exaust (the exaust I have now is bolted on to my stock manifolds so I don't see why not) I was just wanting some feedback on the quality of these headers.. I don't want to seem lazy.. I did a little searching on the forums and the internet but didn't get any type of information about power gains or part quality. I know alot of you guys recommend hooker supercomp LT's but for $349.99 + shipping this deal (if it's a good set of headers) is pretty sweet. I guess all I'm looking for is someone to say that these headers are at least competitive with most other shorty headers.

I also ordered the moroso CAI and the JET LT1 airfoil, I would have waited until after my suspention upgrades to start the engine mods but my cowl hood won't close all the way with the intake setup I have now.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

You might want to clarify what headers you are looking at..... the ones for the 93 LT1 engine, or something for your 87 chassis? Maybe its just me who's confused . The LT1 has a "D-port" head, while Gen 1 headers use the rounder port.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Sorry, it's a 93 LT1.

Comment

No matter what header you choose, I am going to recommend ceramic caoting. That helps keep the heat in the exhaust instead of transferring it to the engine bay. It will also prevent rust and keep them looking good for years.

Now, if you've transplanted the LT-1 into a 3rd generation, you're going to have some difficulty. *Most* 3rd generation headers will bolt up to an LT-1, but as Fred mentioned the port shape is different. you'll have to check to make sure there is no obstructions. Also, modifications will need to be made to the headers with the EGR to make it work and possibly relocating the passenger side 02 bung to eliminate clearance problems with the starter solenoid. You're not just going to bolt them up and have it work.

Comment

I saw you had a 93 LT1 in an 87 chassis from the signature in your original post. What I was asking is are you looking at buying the Edelbrock headers made for the 93 LT1 engine (which would match a 93/4th Gen F-Body chassis), or are you looking at buying the Edelbrock headers made for the 87/3rd Gen chassis? That would determine for example what AIR provisions are on the headers, how the Y-pipe is routed, where the cat is, etc. If you are keeping a cat, is it the single-bed monolith cat (no intermediate air injection) from a 4th Gen, or are you keeping the dual-bed cat with the intermediate air injection point from your 3rd Gen?

Just trying to figure out where the exhaust system converts from a 4th Gen F-Body to a 3rd Gen F-Body, so I can help you.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ok, I obviously jumped the gun for this post. I'll attempt to get a little better information and get back to you.. I was planning on just buying a set of headers for a 93 LT1 and chassis and having them magicly bolt up, but now I see what you are saying. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X