gear labor$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear labor$

how much should i expect to pay for labor for getting my rear end changed from 3:23 to 3:42 on a v6 f-body?

Originally posted by SAVAGE F-BODY
    how much should i expect to pay for labor for getting my rear end changed from 3:23 to 3:42 on a v6 f-body?
    I do them for 185.00 plus lube

Comment

thanks. how long does it take you?

Comment

Why bother, that is not enough of a change in ratio to make any real difference, plus you still wont have limited slip.

Why not just buy a 3.42 posi rearend out of a wrecked Z28 and install the entire thing?
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

A better idea would be to purchased a complete take-out differential assembly from a LT-1 car, complete with disc brakes and one piece driveshaft. This way you'll have better brakes, better driveshaft and is a complete bolt in. I see them all the time for roughly $250-300 complete.

Comment

ok I'll think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              A better idea would be to purchased a complete take-out differential assembly from a LT-1 car, complete with disc brakes and one piece driveshaft. This way you'll have better brakes, better driveshaft and is a complete bolt in. I see them all the time for roughly $250-300 complete.
              Thats what I meant.. I should had been more specific.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                Thats what I meant.. I should had been more specific.
                Ah... missed that post. That was pretty much the same thing.

Comment

thanks. how long does it take you?
                  It takes a couple of hours,but I also think if you have the money change the whole thing.

Comment

sounds good fellas

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      89 and on have same rear brakes till 97 I think, same part numbers anyways for calipers, just the mounting is different due to the different axle length. Look on thirdgen.org they have a paper on it there.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                      6.2L/382.97 ci
                      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                      WCT-5 speed
                      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                      Boss MS 18" Rims
                      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                      Custom Dual exhaust
                      1LE upgrade
                      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror