Is this a real Firehawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a real Firehawk

I was looking on ebay and came accross this suposite Firehawk. I thought all lt1/lt4 firehawks had the formula front end. This guy is also talking about WS9 or something. Whats going on? I think the guy was a little drunk when he was making his auction specs.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...515084758&rd=1
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

looks legit to me. WS9 was a Trans Am coupe with the formula option. WU9 was the Firehawk option in 1999 and up. I can tell you that the wheels are correct for sure. I dont see any reason to doubt the rest of the car. It even has the SLP sticker and dash plaque. If you are really paradoid it is a fake, call SLP with the VIN.

Firehawk - available as an upgrade to the Formula model starting in 1993. The package include a functional ram air hood scoop and reworked exhaust manifolds (starting in 1995) resulting in 305 HP and 335 ft-lbs of torque (300 HP and 325 ft-lbs prior to 1995). An optional freer flowing exhaust system brings HP to 315 and torque to 342 ft-lbs. The stock wheels and tires are replaced with 5-spoke 17" ZR-1 style wheels with 275/40ZR/17 tires. Hurst shifter and floor mats were available options starting in 1995. Bilstein shocks, stiffer rate springs/bushings, and a larger front sway bar make up the optional Level-II suspension which was an available option starting in 1996 along with a Torsen differential, up-level (Trans Am) spoiler, fog lamps, and car cover (all separate options). "Firehawk" badges replace the "Formula" badges on the front fenders and rear bumper. Badges are also added to the front-lower doors. Stickers showing the HP rating were placed on each side of the hood scoop from 1993 to 1995. All cars were shipped as stock Formulas to Street Legal Performance (SLP) Engineering where the above modifications were made through 1997. After that, GM made the modifications on its own assembly line. Production is limited: 1993 = 250, 1994 = 500, 1995 = 1,000, and 1996 = 500. Twelve 1994 Trans Am GTs were shipped to SLP as pilot cars and were equipped with the Firehawk setup, of which two are 25th Anniversary convertibles and three are 25th Anniversary hardtops. Some of these pilot cars also had headers installed bringing them up to 325 HP (although it's more like 340 HP). Because of late production (est. 7/98) the Firehawk was not available as a 1998 model, but as a 1999 model.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Tom, go for a 6-speed. Trust me man.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

it is. we discussed this already on a private forum where dave hamburger hangs out too, this car has an slp dot compliance sticker on the pass. door jam.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

So this would be one of the pilot TA's?
          Rob
          04 GTO

Comment

I don't know that much about lt1s but didn't the firehawk have the badging on the rear and sides(could be why the picture is far away) and also have the headrestraints embroided, with the lt4 intake I call a fake.
            02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

Originally posted by 02ws602wrx
              I don't know that much about lt1s but didn't the firehawk have the badging on the rear and sides(could be why the picture is far away) and also have the headrestraints embroided, with the lt4 intake I call a fake.
              Says in the auction: "The previous owner removed all of the Firehawk badging, but the VIN # confirms the authenticity of this rare late model muscle car."

Why someone would remove the stickers is beyond me. Just last week someone was asking on this board how to remove their Formula stickers.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

for the record, only 29 LT4 firehawks were built in regular production and sold thru dealers. all were on the formula body style, and had the low spoiler...all the 96 and 97 hawks with the lt1 were also on the formula body style but had the high spoiler.......like ours

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
                  Says in the auction: "The previous owner removed all of the Firehawk badging, but the VIN # confirms the authenticity of this rare late model muscle car."

Why someone would remove the stickers is beyond me. Just last week someone was asking on this board how to remove their Formula stickers.
                  Sleeper! same reason i left my 305 stickers on my camaro although i will take them off when i get it painted

Comment

Working...
                  X