Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRT4 making fun of an 03 Cobra

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

What the...hell. Idiot.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I must say, he made a pretty good sound impression of a Cobra!
      1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
        I must say, he made a pretty good sound impression of a Cobra!

UHHHHHHH isnt that what the neon sounds like?
        2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
        1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
        past rides:
        1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
        2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
        1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
        2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
        2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
        1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
        1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
        1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
          UHHHHHHH isnt that what the neon sounds like?
          Not any Neon I've ever heard. If you've ever seen any videos of the Cobras in action, you'll notice that the whine of the supercharger is mostly what you hear. This is assuming youre not behind the car of course. But even then, the supercharger can still be heard through the exhaust note. Check out the begining of the video that jay posted up earlier, that should explain it.
          http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/neons.wmv
          1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
            Not any Neon I've ever heard. If you've ever seen any videos of the Cobras in action, you'll notice that the whine of the supercharger is mostly what you hear. This is assuming youre not behind the car of course. But even then, the supercharger can still be heard through the exhaust note. Check out the begining of the video that jay posted up earlier, that should explain it.
            http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/neons.wmv

o man, you didnt...................PLEASE dont justify rice
            2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
            1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
            past rides:
            1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
            2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
            1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
            2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
            2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
            1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
            1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
            1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Funny chit!!!
              LMAO
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

That is pretty funny because that is exactly what a Cobra sounds like. It's wanna-be roots Eaton supercharger sounds like it is ing for help when rowing the gears. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a turbo or supercharger, but the Eaton just sounds annoying in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a turbo or supercharger, but the Eaton just sounds annoying in my book.
                  And I thought I was the only one who thought like that. Personally, I'm addicted to the sound of my GN's turbo spooling with an open downpipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    And I thought I was the only one who thought like that. Personally, I'm addicted to the sound of my GN's turbo spooling with an open downpipe.
                    Even with the stock downpipe, the GN sounds like a mini jet engine flying by. I LOVE IT!!!!!! lol
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                      Even with the stock downpipe, the GN sounds like a mini jet engine flying by. I LOVE IT!!!!!! lol
                      I've got a ported 3" elbow, and a Kirban 3" jet hot downpipe. You should hear that baby uncorked. At idle and low throttle inputs, it sounds like more like a V8. A pretty good rumble. When the turbo starts to spool, the whistle gets pretty loud. It's not unlike a jet spooling up for takeoff. I almost need earplugs. When it's closed up, I run a Kenne Belle 3" single shot with one stainless ultraflow in place of the cat and another stainless ultraflow in the traditional muffler location. It sounds pretty sweet though the two mufflers in series.

Comment

first sound like boiling water in teapot second what kinda exhaust was that ?
                        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
                          first sound like boiling water in teapot second what kinda exhaust was that ?
                          Its for the GN...similar to the ATR 3" single-shot (3" pipe straight back and out). Joe, I'm lookin' at the 3" dual pipe setup from ATR. I've heard it on a couple TRs and it sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                            Its for the GN...similar to the ATR 3" single-shot (3" pipe straight back and out). Joe, I'm lookin' at the 3" dual pipe setup from ATR. I've heard it on a couple TRs and it sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!
                            ATR makes a great exhaust, that dual setup was my first choice. What sold me on the Kenne Bell was the ultra light weight and the fact that I bought it for basically peanuts.

Comment

Working...
                            X