Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word about New Years Eve

Folks,

Auto enthusiasts often think of themselves as better than average drivers. In many ways this may be the case. However, if you plan on going out and celebrating, please be sure that there is a designated driver. Alcohol and automobiles don't mix. You know as well as I do, high performance vehicles like the f-body can bite you if not driven with care and skill when sober. When alcohol is added, things can go wrong very quickly and with devistating results. Even if you are above average in skill, don't forget that there are others out there that may be intoxicated and don't have the skills even when they haven't been drinking. Please, let's not lose anyone tonight.... or after tonight for that matter. I lost a dear friend several years back. An outstanding driver. As a matter of fact, he had been to a few track schools and could have gone pro. A drunk driver crossed the median and took his life as well as his young wife to be..... he was the designated driver that night and was completely sober. So, you never know what the other guy may do.

Also, I heard on the radio that if you find yourself intoxicated and in need of a way home, you can call AAA and they will tow the car and take you home for free..... even if you aren't a member. So there's no excuse for drinking and driving. Please have a safe holiday with many more to follow.

New Years eve is for amateur's !!!!
    Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

Good advice Joe. Have a safe New Year, but a fun one!

Originally posted by The Old Man
      New Years eve is for amateur's !!!!
      How do the "experts" celebrate the New Year?

Comment

Yes please, in the military they can't say it enough "Don't drink and drive". It is not worth it. Be careful of the other people on the road.
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Staying home and watching a good movie!!!
          Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

Working...
          X