trans am world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans am world

i found this and really intresting stories about Trans Am so i thought i might share with you all.
    http://www.transamworld.com/index.php
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
    Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

The only thing about the site that bugged me was the fact that it kept mentioning the fact that the firebird and corvette were the only two cars to survive uninterupted. But to my knowledge there was no 1983 corvette. anyone want to give some inforamtion about this?

Other than that, its a pretty good site
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
      The only thing about the site that bugged me was the fact that it kept mentioning the fact that the firebird and corvette were the only two cars to survive uninterupted. But to my knowledge there was no 1983 corvette. anyone want to give some inforamtion about this?

Other than that, its a pretty good site
      Actually, there was an 83 vette. The only remaining 1983 Corvette is housed at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. They could not get the car finished for production due to some issues, and decided to release it for 1984. The real answer is that there was never a 1983 Corvette sold. If you ever get a chance to go to the museum, do it. It is well worth the trip for nostalgia's sake. There is also a weekend in September where the F-Bodies take over vette-city and give em heck.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
      95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
      Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

this is kind of off subject but in the history part of that site they say that the 93 formula or TA runs a 14.1 1/4. is this accurate because ive seen numbers on other sites and they say it runs a 14.8. does anyone have info?
        99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
        93 TA A4, sold

Comment

I have not seen an 93 lt1 run low 14s but I have heard of them doing it. When they first came out gm said that they could do ultra low 14s in the 1/4. And that site is awesome I loved it yes the vette died in 83 sold and didn't the camaro die in like 76ish or something they didn't come out with it or they didn't come out with a z28 don't really remember.
          02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

Originally posted by 02ws602wrx
            I have not seen an 93 lt1 run low 14s but I have heard of them doing it. When they first came out gm said that they could do ultra low 14s in the 1/4. And that site is awesome I loved it yes the vette died in 83 sold and didn't the camaro die in like 76ish or something they didn't come out with it or they didn't come out with a z28 don't really remember.
            LT1 cars can get into the 13s stock -- low 14s is standard.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
            X