MaNature slammed us last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaNature slammed us last night

had to take off today. just finished clearing the debrit away from the fenceline in the backyard..which was under water..and the drainage pipe that runs under the driveway...if i didnt..and more storms hit..the bottom of our house would end up a swimming pool. this is unreal. my neighbor called during the storm and asked me if i wanted to go boating around our yards....... this is the worst storm we have been through since we lived in this crappy state. lightning strikes everywhere. i unplugged the whole computer system since it was acting funny even though i have a surge protector..which i dont trust anyway. Reno was shakin up for the first time. he ended up crawling in and sleeping in the extra dog pen we have upstairs in the extra bedroom for when its time to bring Keona up to sleep at night. Keo did fine...never even whimpered..... tought wolves.. hahahaha

taking both cars out at 10:15am to head south to get emissions done on them so we can renew the tags... this sucks... and the county below us does not even require emissions....friggin red neck Stafford does...

laters.

unhappyPappyFrog

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Isn't that funky - how one town or county has the full boat emissions and the one right next door doesn't?

Not that I'm complaining that I DON'T have it.........

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I thought the tags were state issued? So why couldn't you go to the county without emissions. Or you can establish residency in montana where there is no emissions, or find some one you know to hook me up. My bud just throws me a tag every year if i get around to renewwing them. thats one of very few positive things about being military, i don't have to renew my tags on a regular basis, or renew my liscense. But with the rain, down here at Bragg its radiculous. The news said its the first time its rained this much in 70 years!! I hate this state, its horrible. Its rained everyday for i don't know how long.
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
      Traded in: 1998 Z28
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
        I thought the tags were state issued? So why couldn't you go to the county without emissions. Or you can establish residency in montana where there is no emissions, or find some one you know to hook me up. My bud just throws me a tag every year if i get around to renewwing them. thats one of very few positive things about being military, i don't have to renew my tags on a regular basis, or renew my liscense. But with the rain, down here at Bragg its radiculous. The news said its the first time its rained this much in 70 years!! I hate this state, its horrible. Its rained everyday for i don't know how long.
        state is tag....county supliments requirements...... it sucks.

i hate this state too..im right above you, as you know .....its rained here like that too.......

cant wait to retire and move out west......maybe the mojave desert......hahahahaah

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman

cant wait to retire and move out west......maybe the mojave desert......hahahahaah
          you won't retire.......you love the perks of your cushy guvuRnMint job too much

and how would you keep those vehicles spotlessly clean in the desert??

DWS
          Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

speaking of keeping cars clean in the desert, last time I was overseas the locals in kuwait had really nice cars, im talking brand new vettes and beamers and jags and all sorts of exotics. They were always clean and they raced all the time on the flight line, it was somewhat entertaining, although i wish i had my z with me to see how it would have competed.
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
            Traded in: 1998 Z28
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Yeah, we sure put an end to that drought we've had for the last 6 or 7 years. My dad made the comment that we'll probably have a hurricane come up the coast and hit NJ for the first time in 20 years because it was 1955 when it was a really wet summer and a hurricane came up the Delaware River valley and dumped a ton of rain causing the worst flooding ever in NJ. As for emissions, I never understood how that is not controlled by the entire state like it is in NJ. How can they ever tell if the air quality is improving due to lower emissions if 2 people living next to each other have different requirements? The best one for us in NJ is that we have some of the strictest requirements, yet people just across the river in PA are allowed to even burn leaves and the smoke drifts right across the river over to NJ. And we all know what kind of emissions those Amish people put out.
              69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
              70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
              2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Don't get me started on emissions law and testing requirements. The cheeseheads who enacted these laws knew nothing about cars who listened to a bunch of environmentalists who knew nothing about cars. After explaining how an engine works and then explaining the laws that govern them to all of my nice legislator friends that I have worked with through the years, they tend to lean toward the stupidity of the whole thing. Now, I don't mind governing tail-pipe emissions, making them stringent on new cars, or even testing them in urban centers, but lifting the hood and governing the property of individuals is wrong. If the car can pass the tail-pipe test, then who cares what the "element of design" is...not to mention that 99% of the cars on the road will never be altered anyway. The EPA just loves that "element of design" clause put into the '90 amendments to the Clean Air Act. Here in Denver we have to put the car on the Dyno, and subject the car to 15 minutes of testing with some jack*** who doesn't know the first thing about what he is doing. When I brought my Vette in last year, the genius of the world for the day slipped the car off the Dyno twice, and almost wrecked it. I almost go through a nervous breakdown every time I bring the T/A in. Get this, now they are looking at regulating maintenance intervals; the EPA is conducting studies as we speak. ...it will be nice when they decide that you need to bring in a proof of tuning by a licensed maintenance facility to get your car emissioned and registered based on their determined maintenance intervals. With the help of the dealers associations who will make a fortune, this kind of cr*p may pass. I love bringing in the '77 K5. Every person at these fine facilities tries to fail it, but after I kindly remind them of their error, they refer to the book...6000 lbs...EXEMPT!
                '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X