i fell dumb asking this..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i fell dumb asking this..

When i bought my RS there were stickers on on for energy suspension and does look a little lower than most RS's ive seen i wanted to know what this was. Did the previous owner just feel cool putting these stickers on? Or am I really dumb and the car came like that from the production like? Thanks in advance-Mike
    89 305 TBI Camaro RS

http://members.cardomain.com/camarodude89

Energy suspension makes polyeurethane suspension bushings. They create a firmer ride and slightly better handling than stock bushings, but shouldn't affect ride height at all. It's possible he just stuck the stickers on there, but if you want to confirm, climb under and look. ES bushings are usually red or yellow, stock rubber bushings are black, although ES makes black ones too. If you see red or yellow bushings, then you have ES bushings on your car. You'll likely find them on the stabilizer bars, possibly the front control arms, panhard rod, and rear lower control arms. I believe their website is www.energysuspension.com
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Energy Suspension makes a wide variety of polyurethane products. Their most popular parts are poly bushings, motor mounts and a tranny mount, of which would affect ride height. I don't think they make springs, for example.

Worth looking around under the car. The ES poly parts are available in several colors, and the red ones are popular.

Many of the popular aftermarket springs - e.g. Eibach - are "finished" with paint or powedercoat, which makes them easy to identify, in comparison to the dull black stock components.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

cool deal thanks guys,ill have to take a look when it warms up a little bit.
        89 305 TBI Camaro RS

http://members.cardomain.com/camarodude89

Comment

Working...
        X