Looking for your help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for your help...

It's been quite a while since I was last here, so I feel really bad for asking you now for your help...

My 1997 TA is now stored for the winter. At the end of the season though a couple of things started to go wrong with her. I'm looking to fix what I can before spring and know how much I need to save roughly to repair that which I cannot do myself.

Issue # 1: Drivers side window. It will go up and down but only in short spurts. Kinda seems like it runs out of power, then I wait a few minutes and can get another inch or so up or down. I talked to someone who suggested the regulator or something like that may be broken. He was unsure on cost or level of effort for this though. Any ideas on cost to replace that? No way I'm touching the inside of the door to try and fix myself.

Issue # 2: Like and idiot getting into the car the other day my knee knocked into the dash and poped off the rectangular plastic trim piece and pushed in the fog light switch. I think this can be fixed as is but am not sure. Is there any site that shows how to do this type of repair or any ideas on how to take the dash apart?

Again, I apologize for my lack of time on these boards as of late. Work is busy as can be and the rest of the time has been concentraed on my wife and kids.

Thanks!

- Gene

#1 is the power window motor has gone bad. It's an easy fix. Here are the instructions. http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html thanks to Shoebox and his great website.

#2 I have no idea.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

you have 2 options for the first

1. the one i went with.
      -replace the motor yourself.
      go on e-bay and get 2 they sell in pairs for like 55 bucks or you can look on webistes and they have them for around 60 i believe. Take a hour or two out of your day and fix it yourself and feel good having done something to better your car.

or...

2. Go to the dealer and have it replaced if its under warranty still or another auto shop and pay around $350 for the whole deal.

your choice
      -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Working...
      X