insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance

how bad is insurance on say a 4th gen camaro or firebird with the 5.7 ? I am a young male but have another vehicle so could list as a second vehicle. Are they worse than say a mustang? I used to have one, and am looking to get back into the sportscar world, but wondered how bad insurance is. All input is appreciated. Thanks, Cody

depending on your insurance company i would say at least 2500 to 5500. its a big gap, especially depending which year u get and how many miles and all that bull. I know i pay 200/month for mine, 17/male, but im on my parents insurance, but if i were to be on my own policy it was 4300. AHH! it all depends...
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

it all depends on how you have the policy written!! Mine is hooked up, under my parents n stuff, only 38/month. 21 male, 2 accidents, 3 tickets. woops.
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
      Traded in: 1998 Z28
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

forgot about tickets and accidents, lol those will hurt ya!
        -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Mine's full coverage, $500 deduc. on my mom's policy, 22, male, CA driver, clean record...$93/month. Not bad for a CA driver I think.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

27 years old 3 cars 150 a month (due to my wife being a new driver)

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

i fork out 399.90 a month for insurance, welcome to being 18.
              -Nick-
              95 A4 Z28

Comment

I got my f-body when I was 18 a few years back...I was paying about $233/month with an accident in my record. When it cleared a couple years later, the rates seemed lower a whole lot, then plateau to ~$110-$120/month.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

If your willing to go minimum coverage you can save yourself a ton. Mine is $40.83 a month with minimum coverage and me as the primary driver on my parents plan. It comes out to $490 a year which is a lot cheaper than what many of my friends have on their 4cyls. Its been the same since I was 17 (I'm 19 now). I have no accidents or tickets. I look at is as my insurance would be over $1000 a year full coverage and it doesn't take too long pay more than the car is worth in insurance. If I wreck then I'll just have to buy a cheap beater till I can save up to either fix my car or get another but in the long run it saves a ton.
                  1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

thanks for the input. When I was 17 I had a 95 Mustang GT with 60K and under my dads name only had to pay like $600 a year. So it seems that the insurance probably isnt much worse than a mustang, thus I can make it work, lol, hopefully anyways. thanks again, cody

by the way i am looking at getting a decent mileage 93-97, nothing newer, so that should help a little

Comment

im 17 with a 89 RS with 108k and i pay about 1800 a year-around 250 a month. Thats the cheapest i found by my self. If you go under your 'rents it will be a lot better
                      89 305 TBI Camaro RS

http://members.cardomain.com/camarodude89

Comment

wow

i allmost fell of my chair when i read how much you guys pay for insurance. to insure my formula over here in the uk bearing in mind that it is clased as not a run of the mill car i can get the top cover you can get with no milage limit for £500 ($1200)a year and i am 29 which is clased as young for a american car driver. but then again our version of ricers are paying around £2000 ($4500) for a honda civic or similer.
                        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                        mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

GEICO
                          19 year old male
                          2 vehicles in my own name on my own policy
                          one ticket (60 mph in a 30, so a big ticket)
                          no wrecks
                          military discount
                          multiple car discount
                          Lowest possible coverage on both

1994 Formula - $368.40/6 months listed as primary driver
                          1968 Pontiac Bonneville - $224.80/6 months
                          for a whoping $593.20/6 months
                          94 Firebird Formula LE3 383 - Built 4L60E w/ 3500rpm stall - Macs into SLP LM - 3.73s in stock rear - having fun with problems

Comment

I can't stress the driving record enough. I have a perfect record so I get all kinds of good deals. The T/As and the Vette are on a collector policy for $450 per year with full coverage and the Dodge Ram and Roadmaster cost me about $360 every six months on a conventional policy with Allstate.
                            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

the camaro is full coverage, forgot to add that. My truck on the other hand, that is in my name is 85/month. Starting in feb when all but an accident drops off the record. Still won't beat the camaro for 38/month.
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                              Traded in: 1998 Z28
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
                              X