Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 Time

Hey, all:

Anyone remember or know 0-60 times for a stock '94 era LT1 with automatic trans?

Happy Wednesday,
    Martin
    Utah
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

I'm not sure for the automatic but a 94 with a six speed in articles when it was new was listed anywhere from 5.4 to 5.6 seconds so yours shouldn't be to far off that.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was around 6.2 sec's or so. Flat 6 at best. That's with the 2.73 rear I think.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Surprisingly, 0-60mpg times and 1/4-miles times generally differ by about 8.5-seconds for cars in the 12-14 second range. The typical magazine road test for the LT1's would get anywhere from 5.5-sec 0-60 / 14.0 sec 1/4 mile, to 6.0-sec 0-60 / 14.5-second 1/4-mile times.

I have a couple of books, one for the 4th Gen Camaro and one for the Firebird, that have a lot of the old road test articles from the popular car magazines. There were occasional 13.X-second 1/4-miles, but generally they were 14.0 and slower.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred,

I'm thinking the variation is due to the different rear gear combo's and transmissions. A 3.23 auto would be a fair amount faster than a 2.73.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Right after I picked up my 97, I tested it quite a bit with my g-tech pro. They are very accurate ET wise, just not so with the speed in the ¼ mile. I came up with an average of around 5.6, traction limited. That is with a dual cat WS6 automatic, but bone stock. Before my g-tech eventually fried, with bolt ons I was able to get it down to 4.8-4.9, still with the stock converter.

Comment

Was there a different rear end option for LT1 automatics in '94?

Martin
              Utah
              '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

Yup... stock was 2.73 or if with the performance rear axle option, you got 3.23s

Comment

Hmmmm. What's the easiest way to tell which one I have? Vin number? RPM's down the freeway in 4th?

Thanks,
                  Martin

Comment

Two ways... the 2.73 car's auto shifter will not have a manually selectable 1st gear. There is a spacer plate that prevents you from putting the shifter all the way down to first. The other way is a service parts decal on the driver's ddor jamb with all the codes. If my feeble memory serves me, GU5 is the code for the performance axle option. I'll have to check that for sure when I get home from work.

Comment

with my 93 auto formula i can do about 5.5 sec. with nobody else in the car with me. i do about 6 sec. with the back seat weighed down.
                      1993 Formula - 99k
                      Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X