Problem with 89 TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 89 TA

Hello i am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a problem with my 89 Firebird TA. At low revs, below 2000, there is a quite violent shaking when you try to accelerate, if the car is just coasting the shaking stops and once you get above 2000 revs the shaking stops. Along with the shaking the power is intermitant. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? any ideas would be appreciated

A description of the engine combo ie: tuned port or throttle body 305, 350 would help, but here's a start. When dealing with a stumble, first look for ignition problems. How fresh are the spark plugs, wires and distributer parts? If all of those are fresh, you could have a bad throttle position sensor, injector(s) O2 sensor and the list goes on and on. Start with those and if you don't find it, follow up with a post on what you've gone through.

Comment

Is the check engine light on? Is the problem intermittent or is it a regular miss. Sounds like bad spark plugs or wires or distributor. All of that just went south on me 3 weeks ago. After replacing it the car ran like a dream (then VATS system went out one piece at a time). It felt like i was down a coupla cylinders.
      1989 TA
      Flowmaster exhaust
      Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
      K&N CAI
      Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Or could go the other way and be a stuck lock up switch in the trans, if its an automatic. If the converter doesn't unlock, it will stumble at low rpm.

Just a thought.
        Rob
        04 GTO

Comment

Working...
        X