I think I've found my next mod.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've found my next mod.....

At the moment, all I can do is drool..... to heck with the roof, I gotta get one.

TA Performance is proud to announce the release of the Extreme Duty Aluminum Cylinder block based on the Buick 231 Turbocharged V6. Years of development and research have culminated into an extremely strong yet very lightweight piece. Consideration for almost any application was made to make the block as universal as possible. All stock components as well as most aftermarket items are compatible. The block will be offered in the standard off-center configuration as well as on-center to meet the needs of persons who have switched to Stage 2 combinations. Aspects of Pro-Stock and Top Fuel were also taken into consideration to provide the strongest block ever offered to the Buick Community.

Key structural features include six bolt, billet main caps utilizing four vertical bolts and two horizontal (cross) bolts on the second through fourth caps and the front cap uses two vertical and two horizontal (cross) bolts. In the lifter valley, cross bracing was added as well as the incorporation of thickened and re-enforced lifter bore bosses. Thick iron sleeves that can accommodate 3.800" to 4.000" bore are of the "dry" design which uses the casting of the block to "back-up" the sleeves.

Oiling system provisions include improved feed passages and grooving of the main journals for maximum oil delivery. Dry sump feed provisions are located at the front and rear. Oil feed and return passages for turbocharger oiling are incorporated as well as an alternate oil gage boss.

Performance upgrades include 14 bolt head pattern to accommodate stock or aftermarket heads. Up to a 3.625" stroke can be obtained with the block's standard configuration. The bare block with sleeves installed weighs less than 100 lbs. Preliminary evaluations by individuals involved in Top Fuel and Turbo Buick communities estimate that the block is capable of handling 2000 to 3000 HP!

Other key features include a knock sensor provision, additional coolant feeds at the front for additional cooling to the top of the cylinder and head or when using a remote water pump and coolant drain bosses. The block incorporates a dual transmission bolt pattern to accommodate all GM transmissions and is available with 20 bolt oil pan bolt pattern for off-center configurations and 14 bolt oil pan bolt pattern for on-center configurations.

TA will also be introducing their aluminum cylinder head in time to compliment the cylinder block. This head is designed to out perform any previous head produced in the aftermarket for the Buick Turbo 6. Improvements in all areas have been made to increase flow, strength, durability and valve train alignment as well as overall fit and finish. Painstaking detail has been applied to ensure that pushrods will clear on any rocker combination. The "stock" replacement version will be known as the Street Intimidator which will still maintain the stock rocker mounting design which will accommodate rocker ratios from 1.55 to 1.65 with no pushrod to head inference. The street/strip & race version known as the Street Eliminator will utilize the pedestal type rocker design and will accommodate 1.55 to 1.75 rocker ratios. All threaded holes in the cylinder head are rolled, which, unlike a tap that cuts the thread, the rolled procedure actually forms the thread in the hole resulting in a considerably stronger thread, thus making the thread more capable of load carrying and more durable when items such as headers are removed and re-installed multiple times.

In answer to demands for crankshafts and connecting rods that can support power levels that the block is capable of providing, TA now stocks billet steel standard stroke or Stroker crankshafts as well as steel billet connecting rods. Pistons are available for all types of combinations and can be made to order with quick turn around times.

Imagine putting one of these in a Firebird engine bay........

Definitely "the little engine that could"
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

sounds like a pretty crazy idea and it weighs only 100lbs! I dont think youd ever would have to worry about building up your block.lol
      -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Working...
      X