Quick speaker question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick speaker question

I am not familiar with the non-monsoon system for our cars. Did the firebirds and T/As without monsoon still have a total of ten speakers or did they have less. If they had less did the door panels still have a component set in them??
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

My 97z has no monsoon, and I only have 6 speakers, unless there are some hidden somewhere. I have the 2 in the hatch, two in the backseat, and the two in the door panels. My buddy has an 01 SS with monsoon and I don't believe he has anymore speakers than I do. Not sure though.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

My 96 WS6 non-monsoon had only 4 speakers, 2 in the doors and 2 in the sail panels (what would be the b-pillars on a 4 door car, panels next to the rear passengers seats). No component system from the factory.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
        My 96 WS6 non-monsoon had only 4 speakers, 2 in the doors and 2 in the sail panels (what would be the b-pillars on a 4 door car, panels next to the rear passengers seats). No component system from the factory.
        i have the bose system and i have 5 speakers, doors, rear pillars, and one on the drivers side rear trunk area side cover
        2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
        1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
        past rides:
        1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
        2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
        1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
        2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
        2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
        1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
        1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
        1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

My 97 with the Monsoon has 2 in each door, 2 coaxials in the sail panels next to the rear seats and two on either side of the rear storage area. I guess that totals 10 speakers. Kinda lame considering a coaxial as two speakers.

Comment

Thanks for da help guys
            1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

my 95 T/a with monsoon had a 5 1/4 mid plus a tweeter in the front door,sub in the sail panels,and a plate in the rear with a 4 inch and a tweet.thats all 10. I blew out a door speaker(5 1/4) and could not find a replacement. I pulled all the componts out and replaced the entire system with aftermarket speakers and amps.I have all the parts if someone needs the contact me.
              95 T/A LT-1 6 speed,Black leather,T-Top,CAGs disabled,Ported and polished MAF,Polished vortec intake pipe,relocated air intake senser,Flowmaster

Comment

Working...
              X