zMax auto additives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zMax auto additives?

This stuff really work? I work at O'Reilly's and we sell the packaged kit for $40 (before discount). My engine has around 77K so I figure it could use a good cleaning and zMax is supposed to be one of the best cleaners out. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Never mind, did a little research and found out their being sued by the FTC. According to the FTC zMax produces twice the carbon build up than just using regular motor oil without the additives. IMO I would not recommend this product to anyone. Most of their claims are false and they even fabricated reports. Although I will try to still sell zMax to people, gotta make my commission bonus.

Link to the FTC.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.htm
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
      Never mind, did a little research and found out their being sued by the FTC. According to the FTC zMax produces twice the carbon build up than just using regular motor oil without the additives. IMO I would not recommend this product to anyone. Most of their claims are false and they even fabricated reports. Although I will try to still sell zMax to people, gotta make my commission bonus.
      [/url]
      We'll just hope the "wink" means you're not serious.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X