3.42 or 3.73?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.42 or 3.73?

My auto is a slug...it feels like it atleast...going with motive, but which would you guys prefer for the 4l60e? I don't drive hard at all and cruise 60ish everywhere I go, but I do drive a good bit and my foot do get down into it sometimes. I get the feeling 3.42s but I want it to be aggressive. I know DJ is going to 3.42s from 3.73s...if it affects my engine, MPG, and tranny that much I guess I'll run with 3.42s...but I'd like a second opinion.

Thanks fellez...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

My automatic responded well with 3.73s but the gas mileage took a pretty good step back. Much will depend on the mods you have or are planning to have. If you plan on a head and cam package, torque converter, etc. you'll want 3.73s. If you are planning a power adder like turbo, supercharger or nitrous, go with 3.42s. One benefit of 3.42s is that you can get a complete takeout rearend from a stick car and do the swap, leaving your original rear to bolt back in if you aren't happy. Also, the takeout rear will most likely be quieter.

Comment

head and cam...yes...so 3.73 it is. Thank Joe!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
      X