Digital odometer on '86 firebird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital odometer on '86 firebird

I have an firebird with the digital controls on the dash in front of the driver as well as on the dash in the center (odometer, etc) everything in the center flashes 999999. it doesn't work and i can't figure out how to fix it. Should I buy a new ecu? if there's any way to fix it without doing that please let me know. Also, the headlights won't flip down when I turn them off. Has this happened to any of you? Could it just be a fuse? Gotta replace the motors? a ground? Thanks!

I don't know much about digital dashes, but it sounds to me like there is a short or ground in the wiring for it somewhere. The ECM doesn't really control the gauges (except for the input for the speedometer), so I would highly doubt that the ECM is the problem if of the gauges are showing.

I'm sorry I can't help you out more, but I know somewhere that can. Since your Firebird is an 86, check out www.thirdgen.org , it's a site dedicated to 3rd gens. They should definetely be able to help you out (if we can't).
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
    X