Ram Air Hood ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Air Hood ?

Just bought a ram air hood for my car from summit. Wanting to make it fully functional. Can i use the bottom box (without the lid) from a 98 to 2002 trans am and find or make a way to hold the filter in. Or will i need to buy a box for a 96-97 ram air. Also how hard would it be to make one out of sheet metal or anybody seen it done that away. Wanting to do it the cheapest way but do not want to cob it together. Also thought about getting the k@n fipk for a 98-02 trans am or camaro but don't know if there is enough room under the hood for the cone filter.

Much Thanx
    95 trans am msd ignition, jet stage 2 chip, 52mm tb, ported maf, hooker longtubes, underdrive pulleys, x-pipe with bullet mufflers, and parts to add, 1.6 rr, traction bars, subframe connectors, drive shaft loop, meziere wp, adj, pressure reg.,

What brand of hood is it?

Your best bet is to get the air box that was made for your model of ram air hood. This ensures the best fit.

THE FIPK setup is similar to the stock one and goes to the side. If I understand you right, you want to install the filter somewhere close to the MAF right under hoods intakes.

This is not a good idea because you will suck in hot air from the engine which is not desired, unless you make a box around it which seals fairly tight to the hood.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
    X