nfb: toosday's thoughtFerDaDay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: toosday's thoughtFerDaDay

"I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her."

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Originally posted by wolfman
    "I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her."
    What about mother-in-laws? Dohhhh
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

OK, so explain the boar's head my uncle has on the wall in his kitchen. How attractive is that?
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I was working down in Texas on a construction site. The onwer of the contractor had his office trailer setup and it had several animal head in there. Kind of earie to have business meetings in there and all these animals staring at you.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
          I was working down in Texas on a construction site. The onwer of the contractor had his office trailer setup and it had several animal head in there. Kind of earie to have business meetings in there and all these animals staring at you.
          i ahve animals staring at me in every meeting i have during the week....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I have two on my wall. I don't know if theres too many houses you can go into in my area and not have atleast one deer staring at you. They're darned expensive to have done though.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              Agreed. It is a real simple explanation. They hang the animals there to make themselves feel more like a "man". Thing is, they don't own their own pair of balls so they have to superficially display something to make up for what they are lacking.

Comment

[QUOTE=wolfman]i ahve animals staring at me in every meeting i have during the week....

Ken, sure you didn't mean to say "Stupid or Arrogant" Animals staring at you in every meeting attended during the week"......

Comment

Ignorant Thought

I see we have a bunch of anti-hunters among us here. Don't get me started on anti-hunters because I am not doing much at work today and might not have anything else better to do than argue with you people.

...Timbers

Comment

Originally posted by Timbers
                    I see we have a bunch of anti-hunters among us here. Don't get me started on anti-hunters because I am not doing much at work today and might not have anything else better to do than argue with you people.

...Timbers
                    Hey I'm not anti hunters at all. Ted Nugent is my hero.

You got to have hunters or we would be hitting deer in our cars every day. In north Georgia they had a controlled hunt because they were averaging 80 deer per acre. The deer were dying because there wasn't enough food for them to eat. They took the deer meat and distributed it to local churches for feeding the people who couldn't afford to eat. Besides deer meet is the healthiest meat you can eat.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Hey I'm not anti hunters at all. Ted Nugent is my hero.
                      You got to have hunters or we would be hitting deer in our cars every day. In north Georgia they had a controlled hunt because they were averaging 80 deer per acre. The deer were dying because there wasn't enough food for them to eat. They took the deer meat and distributed it to local churches for feeding the people who couldn't afford to eat. Besides deer meet is the healthiest meat you can eat.
                      Thats completly true. I know many of you may not agree with it but hunters are more of conservationists than antis. If there was no hunting the deer population would sky rocket for a few years and you'd be smacking into one about every time you drove at night. Then it would plumbit due to disease and not having enough food. Hunting them causes a good balance in the herd and keeps it that way it doesn't jump all over the place. Also keeping them in good numbers but not over populated keeps them from going into decline and sometimes on a declining year a bad winter can devistate the population and take a very long time for it to have a chance of regaining. And like Jeff said deer meat is some of the healthiest meat as well as some of the best tasting IMHO.

Also:
                      Agreed. It is a real simple explanation. They hang the animals there to make themselves feel more like a "man". Thing is, they don't own their own pair of balls so they have to superficially display something to make up for what they are lacking.
                      Jay I've heard a lot of people say that guys have fast cars for making up in what their lacking. I know for me personally I have a fast car cause I enjoy it and working on engines and I have deer heads hanging on my wall to show off what hours upon hours of practice and preparation have gotten me which is not a whole lot different than someone posting a time slip showing off what their time and dedication to their car has gotten them.
                      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
                      X