Intake Manifold leak or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Manifold leak or not?

I've been noticing a film of oil that keeps appearing on the bottom of my oil pan, which appears to be coming from the back of the pan and also around the oil sensor above the drain plug. I reached to the back of the intake manifold with a paper towel and saw no oil, i did feel the sealent squeezed out from the back(maybe it was fixed before???), but my main question is should i put a new oil pan gasket on, or just take it to the local gm shop, is there a gasket around the oil sensor assembly?
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

I had oil cover my pan but it ended up coming from the timing cover and was blowing back while driving. I'd recommend trying to clean everything up very well and then trying to figure out where the leaks coming from. Taking it to the dealer can be very expensive and putting on a new oil pan gasket is a major PITA.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

reach waaaaaaaaaay back..on the left corner standing in front of the engine...and dab the junction of the intake and block/head.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Should I buy that oil additive that makes a special color when applied to blacklight so i can see where the problem is, cause i wiped all around that back left corner, and far down to where the tranny is and saw no oil.
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Working...
        X