how will these 18 inch wheels......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how will these 18 inch wheels......

fit..? my car is lowered in the front 1.5 inch. i have 17x9 in te front right now with 275/40s and still have about 1 inch to hit fender. how will these 18x8.5 with 245/40r18 fit....?? i know the rear 18x9.5 with 275/35r18 will be fine but the front worries me...! i was looking at getting some black Zr1 with 11 inch in the rear but have not found any wheel and tire packages. these 18" Mashie Wheels and Tires package is right at what i want to spend $1,200 and that includes shipping. whats the biggest tire i can put on a 18x9.5 inch rim....? 285 ? that 3 inch lip out back looks da#*!! sweet...
    whats you guys think...here is a link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

I'm no wheel expert here at all, but i will say that those would look pretty sweet and very unique on your ride
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Im running 245/40 zr18 on my 89 formula and they work great look good and are with in 3 % hight of the factory 245/50 16 that was stock. As long as the offset is good for your car they will fit hight wise.
      245/40/18 = 0.28% difference in hight 0.271% slower than stock approx.
      275/35/18 = 0.28% Differencr in hight 0.271% faster than stock approx.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

those look really good...I love the deep dish...I'm a big fan. Sweet looking rims...it'll definately make your Maro different. They should fit fine...just make sure the offset is correct.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Those would look sweet. If you are looking for some black wheels check out ROH. Google ROH and you should find them. The price tag on those wheels is pretty steep, that is why I am redirecting you toward ROH, otherwise they look badass.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

The question I'd ask the seller is whether that picture represents the actual wheel that he is selling for the 4th Gen F-Body, and if so, "what is the offset?" It looks too deep to have the offset required for a 4th Gen.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X