Vid - LS1 Camaro, T-Rex cam, ported heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vid - LS1 Camaro, T-Rex cam, ported heads

I love the way this cam sounds. This cam is the perfect steet killer.

T-Rex Cam

guhdam...........
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Couldn't get the movie to open Kev.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
        Couldn't get the movie to open Kev.
        Link is still good.

Comment

That sounds like pure evil. I want. My next car will be a LS1 WS6 T/A vert with a 6-speed. I plan to stroke it, and want at least 450 - 500 RWHP out of it.

My dad has a 1983 Hurst/Olds Cutlass with a 455 big block in it that I have to beat. It's running through the stock H/O small block exhaust manifolds, but has a edelbrock performer cam & intake, ported & polished "C" casting heads and a Holloy 750 double pumper. I bet he's got 700+ foot-pounds of torque I'll have to overcome. His Cutlass doesnt weigh much more than a F-body, either.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

wow sweet i want one
            http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
            C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
            mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

man i love the sound , how much do i have to spend to makemy T/A sound like that ?
              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
              SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
              Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
                man i love the sound , how much do i have to spend to makemy T/A sound like that ?

Not too terribly much... the t-rex cam is designed to work with stock heads, so you can avoid the huge cost of new heads. So you'll need the cam itself, installation, and tuning... and I am sure that you'll want long-tube headers and a cat-back, as well as 4.10s... all-in-all prolly a couple grand.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I saw an article on how to change the LS1 cam without pulling the intake manifold. There are 2 rods you insert to hold up the lifters, and the cam comes right out. Pretty slick design!
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    I saw an article on how to change the LS1 cam without pulling the intake manifold. There are 2 rods you insert to hold up the lifters, and the cam comes right out. Pretty slick design!
                    i read in a Phr article where they swaped a cam and before they pulled the cam out they spun it around a few times by hand... and that pushes all the lifters up and locks them into a lifter tray pretty kool stuff
                    1967 Camaro "Project"
                    1972 Chevelle "454"
                    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                      i read in a Phr article where they swaped a cam and before they pulled the cam out they spun it around a few times by hand... and that pushes all the lifters up and locks them into a lifter tray pretty kool stuff
                      The article mentioned that on new engines you probably dont need the rods. It said that the lifters will stay up on their own long enough in a new engine to change the cam without them falling into the block.

I dont know about you, but I'd be using the rods just in case.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:

Comment

I'm in the middle of helping my brother do that to his 99 Z28 right now. Were actually using 16 small magnets to hold the lifters up because its much cheaper than buying the 100 dollar tool that some guys have complained got stuck in the block. And yes you just give the cam a few hard spins and it pushes the lifters up. Also if one does drop you have to pull a head to get it up and its definetly not worth risking it for that. I'd also have to say the LS1 is an easier engine to work on than the LT1. It took my brother just over an hour to take off the old valve springs and put on all new ones on and we were able to put on LT headers in under half an hour (manifolds were already off). That was a lot easier than having to jack up the passenger side of the engine to get them on my car. He's putting on LT headers, true duals, cc extreme engergy cam (forget the numbers but right on the borderline of streetable), new valvesprings chromoly pushrods, K&N CAI, sub frame connectors, and probably a few other traction mods, and then having it dyno tuned. I think its going to sound amazing and pull very hard.
                        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Bah.. just do an LS1 into LT1 body swap! I've done several, and they're not that difficult! Or pay me and I'll do it for ya!

Edit: And yes, you don't have to pull the intake on an LS1, you have to take the heads off in order to pull out the lifters. This is not a necessity because the lifters are set in a plastic retaining device that holds them up when you spin the cam. I personally don't trust this, especially on higher mileage motors, because they have dropped out before, and it ain't fun fishing them out of the oil pan with a magnet.
                          96 T/A - Heavily Modded
                          87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Working...
                          X