Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94TA, codes 16 and 32

Ok,
    I finally had my codes scanned. 16 and 32.

The car runs great, getting good gas mileage, etc...

Someone mentioned that one of the codes is probably pointing to the solenoid, near the EGR -sound right?

The other code seems to point to the dreaded optispark I keep hearing everyone talk about. What exactly is the optispark again?

Watcha all think I should do first to fix the problems? I'm under the impression that if the solenoid is bad, it's a rather cheap fix ($17 part if that's the problem), but I'm not sure about the other issue.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
    Martin
    Utah
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

If I remember right the 32 is for the EGR valve...I was getting this intermittently last summer and finally decided to change the EGR valve......that solved the problem as there was a leak in the valve actuator diaphragm. If you are still on the original, it may just be time..
    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Thanks! -That was one of the options on the diagnostic list... Hoping it's the cheaper solenoid, but hey, aren't we always hoping that way?

Martin
      '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

Code 32 is EGR. Mine was carbon in the EGR and tube. They cleaned it and it has been fine since.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
        X