96 ws6 brake rotor question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 ws6 brake rotor question

Anyone know if there would be much of an advantage for upgrading to 96 ws6 brake rotors? For example, are they larger than my stock 94TA rotors?

If they are an improvement, it sounds like they would 'bolt right up'. -Sound right?

Thanks!
    Martin
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

No differance. IMHO, there should have been an upgrade, but there wasn't.

Comment

Thanks, Joe... Sorry, I'm forever a rookie, what's IMHO again?

Martin

PS. I think you set a record of hits/views with the $50 deal yesterday.
      '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

No problem Martin...... IMHO means: In My Humble Opinion

On the other note, there was no catch of the day this morning. That is fine too 'cause there were no muddy prints either.

Comment

I thought it was "in my honest opinion". I guess it whatever your opinion is on it. LOL
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You could very well be right. I guess it will work in either case.

Comment

a couple months ago I upgraded my 95Z front brakes to the 98+ dual piston setup.....honestly one of the best mods I ever did!!
              95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Thanks for the news! I'll keep an eye out for the newer era. --Sure would like more stopping power (at a real good price of course).
                Martin
                Utah

Comment

Martin,

The upgrade to the LS1 brakes is indeed a good one.

I use the stock LS1 brakes (with PPC Seasoned rotors and Hawk pads) for road racing and they do VERY well.

Be aware that you'll need the spindles, hubs, rotors and calipers. In otherwords, the whole spindle & brake assy.

Gordon
                  www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Working...
                  X