Horsepower ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsepower ?

I have an Lt1 with slight mods but here are all the parts I have bought but havent put on yet looking for Horsepower estimate and what time in a 1/4
    MODS
    Agressive head and manifold porting
    JBA headers
    Slp loudmouth exhaust 3.5'' w/auto cutouts\
    BBK 52mm TB
    TB bypass
    TRanspak for 4l60e
    Slight upgrade on torque converter
    373 richmond gear
    1.6 RR arms
    HE pushrods with LT4 valve springs
    LT4 hot cam
    lower control arm bars
    panhard bar
    platnium plugs
    160 therm
    ram air box
    crank pulley

What year is the LT1? And what type of car is it going in too? Depending on the year of the lt1 block you could have a 10-30 hp difference.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
      What year is the LT1? And what type of car is it going in too? Depending on the year of the lt1 block you could have a 10-30 hp difference.
      Why would the year of the block affect HP? Other than the 4-bolt mains in the C4 LT1's, the "327" blocks are identical for all years.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

My understanding (and Im no mechanic or anything) and your better at this than I am but if you look at a 91 z28 lt1 vs a 97 z28 lt1 there hp ratings are different, so with adding all the goodies he has the hp would differ. does that sound right or does it sound like Im talkin out my a$$? Or should I just keep my mouth shut?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
          My understanding (and Im no mechanic or anything) and your better at this than I am but if you look at a 91 z28 lt1 vs a 97 z28 lt1 there hp ratings are different, so with adding all the goodies he has the hp would differ. does that sound right or does it sound like Im talkin out my a$$? Or should I just keep my mouth shut?
          Well....... First, the 91 Z28 did not come with an LT-1. That wasn't offered until 92 on Corvettes and 93 in Z28s. The rest speaks for itself :lol:

Comment

Well the idiot(me) will now keep his mouth shut because he is stupid.

So the 91 Z28 wasn't an lt1? I always thought it was. its not an l98 is it? Are you sure?(like I should be doubting someone after my great wisdom )

Sorry rccola91, well I cant help ya but if you want to know what color the sky is just give me a ring! lol

current

Comment

94 LT1. ONly 10-30 yeah right I get that with the headers and the exhaust only so whater. Im going to get it dynoed by my house and the mechanic who runs the shop said upward up high 300's

Comment

I was actualy just refering to the stock motors themselves without mods but dont listen to me

current

Comment

Working...
                X