my car wont start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car wont start

OK i tried starting up the t/a today and it wont start. Weve been haveing some sub zero temps her in chicago lately so i think maybe that affexted it. O and i started the t/a up like 1 week ago and it started right up. But anyways i turn the key today and nothing. The guages light up very dimmly but the locks and windows dont work. Then when i turn the car off and take the key out there is a weird kind of ticking noise sounding like it is coming from behind the glove box somewhere. I tried charging the battery for an hour but that didnt work. And the battery metersaid it was fully charged. And on my battery there is that green "eye" that says the battery is good, but know the "eye" is black. Does anybody know whats wrong.
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

i dont know man, im having trouble getting my car started too. I hope someone can help.

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
    Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Look for loose connections at the battery but I'd guess its a dead battery if you have sub zero temps and everything lights up but dimely. Try leaving the charger on it overnight and see what happens in the morning or get another car and try to jump start it.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

yea same thing happened to my friends 95 ta at school today. Very weird. might be alternator we think
        -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

How many volts exactly does the battery read? And you're saying you don't even hear the starter attempting to turn the motor over? Did you try reading the voltage when you try to start it, to see how much it dips?
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Cold weather will drain the battery really fast if you have anything pluged into the power port eg. radar detector or if you have a remote start as it is continualy using power, not very much but the drain increases as temp goes down. Also the bat. could have goten frozen if temps fell below 0, and the batt. was not properly mixed or over charged at any point in its life. If the eye is black I would say it definatly the batt. Put it on a slow tricle charge over night and see if that helps.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror