Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, I'm new and looking for Camaro fuel injection system insight.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I'm new and looking for Camaro fuel injection system insight.

Hey, I'm new to the message board as of 1 hour ago. Joined to learn all I can about Camaros and other f-body rides. 20 years old with 2nd IROC. Love 'em all. If anyone knows where I can get some original IROC leather interior, please tell me. That's the only thing wrong with my baby, 'er, car.

I was also wanting to talk about fuel injection systems. Currently I have a new TPIS Mini Ram system on my 383. It's my dream car. Goes to show you what hard work can do. Anyway, I had it done because it's way too complicated for me, and I was wondering if I made a good choice. I was also looking at the Holley Stealth Ram, LT1, and stock TPI. I have heard that the Mini Ram will out flow them all, but I was wondering what you guys thought. I loved the look of the Stealth Ram, but I went with the mini ram because of the reputation. I did find a polished chrome LS1 intake made by holley that made my mouth water. Too bad I couldn't have used that.
    Attached Files
    '86 IROC-Z
    383 stroker: AFR 195 heads, KB 11.5:1 hypereutectic pistons, scat crank/Eagle rods
    TPIS Mini Ram injection system, 58mm, 24lb/hr
    "borrowed" T-56 and 3.73 rear
    2000 SS hood ZR-1 rims

New ground fx, bra, Borla tuneable quad tip w/headers
    MSD ig, 1.6 rollers, accel, moroso

First off welcome to the board, you will find alot of usefull info here and some true f-bod enthusiasts like yourself. I dont know much about 3rd gens so I cant help you there but your car looks awesome. I love the SS hood with the rear Z28 spoiler. ZR1's complete the look and set it apart from other 3rd gens
    97 SS #C007
    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Hey, I see you put relocation brackets on. I have not and have heard that I may want them. Could you tell me a little about them?
      '86 IROC-Z
      383 stroker: AFR 195 heads, KB 11.5:1 hypereutectic pistons, scat crank/Eagle rods
      TPIS Mini Ram injection system, 58mm, 24lb/hr
      "borrowed" T-56 and 3.73 rear
      2000 SS hood ZR-1 rims

New ground fx, bra, Borla tuneable quad tip w/headers
      MSD ig, 1.6 rollers, accel, moroso

Comment

The relocation brakets may help a little but are mostly for lowered cars. I didnt notice any difference in mine

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Must be a "3rd Gen" thing... the Spohn LCA relo brackets were the best traction device I ever put on my car. And it sits a little higher than stock, because of the drag launch springs. Saw them drop a 30th SS (stock ride height) from 1.4x to 1.3x 60-ft times.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X