what size engine should i go to???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size engine should i go to???

I have the 95 v6 3.4l dohc and i am definently putting a bigger engine in it but i was wondering what the biggest one i could go to would be??i was thinking bout the 350 but .................

3.4 in what? camaro/firebird? Best bet is too sell it and buy a car with an 8 already in it. It's too expensive and too much of a hassle to convert the 6 to an 8. Theres a lot more work that would need to be done to handle that motor, besides the simple swap. Sell it and buy one with an 8, then build that how you want it.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

This probably isn't what you are going to want to hear but I agree. It isn't worth it to try and upgrade from a 6 to an 8. I did it a long time ago and that was with an old non computer controlled car. Now it's not just a matter of the engine, you have to deal with the electronics. When I did it, I put a 340 Dodge motor where there was a slant 6. I blew up 2 automatic transmissions and 1 4spd before I found a Hemi 4spd that could handle the power. I was thinking well great. Now it's fixed. Nope. Then I started breaking rear ends. 1 stock 7.5" then and 1 8 3/4". Then I thought great. It's fixed. Nope. Next was the drivers seat. I punched it and the next thing I knew I was halfway in the back seat. Couldn't reach any of the pedals. Try driving home a stick shift with stiff clutch with your seat reclined back. I think you get my point. 6 cylinders don't come with all of the heavy duty parts that the 8 cylinders do. I'm not sure about the F-Bodies but I know the 86-93 Mustangs have different springs in the 6 and 8 cylinder cars. IMHO (Joe ) , it's just not worth it. Keep this in mind. You can put all of this money in it to convert it to an 8 cylinder, and some grey hair can run a red light and total you car. You will get black book value for it not what you have in it. I guarantee it will cost you more to convert it than 2 sell it and buy an original 8 cylinder car. The only exception I can think of is if you come across a donor (wrecked) car for cheap.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

yeah i jus think that i will go for the 350, a buddy of mine builds them so ill get him to build it for about nothing and then another buddy of mine puts engines in so i will get him to put it in and i wont have to do anything and it really wont cost that much, so im goin to put a 350 in it and the jus go for looks

Comment

I wish I had "buddies" like that. "Hey, Bob - could you build me a motor for free? and Tom, would you mind throwing that thing in for me?" "Really, it's no big deal." Do you have their number, cause I got a few projects I haven't gotten around to yet!
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
          X