nfb: Chubby Checker pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: Chubby Checker pics

I have a couple of digital camaras, these are from the crappy one. I'll post a few others when I get everything hooked up with the better one.

Here's what it looked like, looking out from the stage. The park completely renovated the place and the outdoor arena was huge. It must seat about 8,000 people now.

The Chubbmeister ended up being late from his flight so I had to do a 45 minute show. The crowd was getting a little testy because they knew he was running behind too. To make a long story short, I had them thoroughly entertained and in the palm of my hand. Gotta love show biz...... I have to say it's a little tough too. Since I am a solo act, there ain't no support from any other musicians.

Here's a low resolution pic from the side of the stage where I was sitting and watching Chubb's show. He was pretty good but his band really rocked! Great guys too. The keyboard player was blown away by my stuff.

The new ownership of the park is just getting things rolling, so there was alot of chaos and I couldn't get to Chubby for a few personal pics or autographs. Normally we would have some time before or after to hang out and shoot the crap along with a good spread of chow as part of the publicity thing, I suppose in the coming weeks it will get back to more of a routine. Oh well......for now I'm just content to be back on stage again.

Sounds like a successful show. Glad it went well for you. Got to be a good feeling, and should increase your visibility.

You don't need a "sound man" do you.... my oldest son got his degree in audio engineering, and is looking forward to doing recording and stage work. But right now he's stuck selling pro audio electronics.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Joe, what all did you do on stage by yourself for 45 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
        Joe, what all did you do on stage by yourself for 45 minutes?
        I play a high tech computerized keyboard orchestra, comedy, voices, etc.....
        Basically I play all sorts of music from Movie Scores to Jazz, cut up with the crowd, get audience participation going in prep for the headliner.

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        People are blown away , so I guess the show is a hit. I'm supposed to be getting a website and CDs will be available.
        Sorry guys, that was the shameless marketing plug I felt the need to insert.

Fred, ya never know. As of right now, I just plug into whatever the ampitheater uses. One thing is for sure, they are wise to keep me away from electricity.

Comment

Good thing the crowd liked you.

I remember when I was at a Stones final tour back in 1980 and Johnny Cougar (Mellencamp) was the opening act. The crowd was rowdy and didnt want any of him at all, so someone threw a whiskey bottle up there and hit him in the head. He was all pissed and was calling the guy out and was ready to fight him and swearing and stuff - his head was bleeding. Then he went away backstage and came back out with a bandage on his head and sang "It Hurt So Good". I never liked his music much, but you had to respect his showmanship. I know it doesn't have nuthin to do with nuthin, but it's a true story theless.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
            Good thing the crowd liked you.
            Crowds can get ugly, especially if the show management doesn't deliver what is promised. However, that being said, it's the performer's (or better term, entertainer's) job to captivate the crowd. Professionalism in the industry goes a long way.

Comment

Congrats joe,

Pretty large crowd to entertain if i might say, i would love one day to perform in front of that many people
              Glad to hear the show went good and that your back on stage, it's hard to not perform for longer periods of time (i myself have been in a dry spell lately as well ) Keep playin as always and i hope more gigs arise in the future!

Congrats again
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
              X