TPI to LS1 conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPI to LS1 conversion

Hi there. Im new to this site and my first question is this. I want to know if anyone has ever put a LS1 into a 3rd gen body? i want to buy a SLP 402, but i was just wondering if anyone has tackled it before and if they had any suggestions.
    thanks all
    eric

I haven't done it, but I do know a place that can help. Just go to www.thirdgen.org , click on Message Forums, and then click on the Engine Swap board. There are good number of people that have swapped in LT1s and LS1s on there now and pretty much anything you could ever want to know about the swap will be on their somewhere.

There's also a website in the making about the swap, which should have a ton of info when it's done, but it's fairly new: www.howtoswapaLS1.com

Good luck!
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Sadly you could prolly save some money by buying a LS1 F-body. You can find em pretty cheap these days with decent miles. IMO you could save yourself a huge headache.
      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Call Scott at
        Tennessee Auto Sales & Parts
        480 8th St NE
        Cleveland TN 37311
        1-800-884-7501

The guy is LS1 nuts. He has put them in a 70 El Camino, 60s truck, 50s truck. He can probably help you with getting harness parts, computer, etc.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

www.fbodymotorsports.com
          They have quite a bit of parts needed for the conversion of putting an LS1 in a 3rd gen. They did it on a 91 conv. and now sell a bunch of modified parts specificlly for the swap.
          97 SS #C007
          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
          X