Couple of 93 model questions....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of 93 model questions....

Ok, where is the oil pressure sending unit? I would like to add a gauge to see if the one in the car is working correctly, it never moves. Also will a Torsen diff from a 2000 model fit this car? It has 3.23 gears, and my car had the performance axle option. Would that mean my car had 3.42's or 3.23's? Thanks guys.
    1993 Z28 A4 3.73, 2800 B&M Very Clean!!

Fer in' out loud... after all the small blocks I've built or had apart, I can't remember where the sending unit is....duhhhhhh..

Anyway, the performance gears with the A4 are, 3.23.

The LS1 diff will fit in the car. However, the brakes are different and may need some minor mods to hook up the lines & ABS sensors, etc.

Gordon
    www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I think its behind the intake manifold on the drivers side of the engine. You cant see it, you gotta feel for it.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Every small block I have had, was behind the intake on drivers side. My Haynes manual says it is there also. By feelng around, the only thing I can find is a pug, no actual sending unit. For some reason, I was thinking it used to have 3.42 gears but was unsure thanks or clearing that up.

Comment

Also, it wasn't for the whole differential, just the internals. My diff is good my "posi", "limited slip" or whatever else you wanna call it is wearing out..... getting some "1 wheel peel" LOL Will it still work? Thanks

Comment

Hold on... remember the 93's are "different".

1993 has the oil pressure sensor in a port on the drivers side of the block, right above the oil filter. 1994 and later, they moved it to the top of the block, drivers side, right behind the intake manifold. They put a 1/8" NPT pipe plug in the block hole above the oil filter. 93 is a lot easier to access.

To add a permanent connection, just use the "unused" port for the new pressure sensor, or connection for a mechanical gauge.

As far as the gears, if your 93 A4 has the "performance" gears, they are 3.23's. Base gears on the A4 are 2.73. A carrier from a 2000 should swap into your 93 housing. But you need to make sure it has the "reluctor" gear for your ABS. If the 2000 came out of a car with traction control, it might not have the reluctor gear on the carrier. You might be able to swap the reluctor from your 93.

You can verify gear ratio by looking at the build code tag on the door, console or glove box (location varies):

GU2 = 2.73
            GU5 = 3.23
            GU6 = 3.42
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yea, good call Injuneer. The last one I did was on my 96, which was behind the intake.
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

You guys are always so helpful. I really appreciate it. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X