How do I break In to my car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I break In to my car?

I got home last night and I tried to start the Bird but the battery was dead. I tried jumping it but I couldn't get a good connection. I put the parking lights on and left the keys in the ignition. Well as I was fiddling with the jumper cables, I got a good connection but.......... the doors locked! With my only set of keys in it. I couldn't get the battery charged enough to work my spare remote because the lights were draining the battery. I ended up disconnecting the cables and giving up in disgust.

Ok, should I spend $40 for a person to come out here and "jimmie" my car or should I do it myself?

How do I do it?

Bob
    In the states for 5 more days

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

You could try jumping it with another car with a good battery to see if you could get enough juice to get the spare remote to work. If that doesn't work, I'd call a tow truck to pop the lock with a jimmie. Do you have AAA? If so call them.

Good Luck
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Since the hood is open, can you pull the fuse for the headlights and running lights? Then try hooking up the cables and trying the remote.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Oh I shut the hood last night too!

I guess I'm screwed. I 'll call the experts before I hose something up.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
          Oh I shut the hood last night too!

I guess I'm screwed. I 'll call the experts before I hose something up.
          Oh crap. I'm out of ideas.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Try a hanger on the drivers side. I have been able to get into a couple of birds this way.

Randy
            99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
            93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

A cinder block always works
              1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
              2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Good luck trying to do it yourself. I locked my keys in the Camaro a couple of summers ago and stood and watched for an hour and a half while 2 locksmiths tried to get into with various slim jims and wedges. Finally they got it...I was lucky they didn't charge by the hour. But that kinda made me feel a little better about he likelyhood of a thief not being able to get into it easily. I guess it helps that I don't have power locks. hehe Good luck man...and take care when you ship out. Oh, and thanks! For going over there.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Like Todd said good luck and thanks for going over there for all of us.

Also this kinda reminds me of that airline commercial where the guy is trying to break into his car with his wife standing there and can't get in. Then just as he hits the window with a rock to break it the owner of the car comes and asks what he's doing just as he notices his car (which looks exactly the same)a few spots away lol.
                  1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

T-tops? If your window is rolled down a tad (or not, it's easier if it is) and you tops are unlocked...use something to unlock the top...I used a stick when I got locked out in a parking lot and unlocked my top...scratched it up a lil, but eh, all good.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
                      Like Todd said good luck and thanks for going over there for all of us.

Also this kinda reminds me of that airline commercial where the guy is trying to break into his car with his wife standing there and can't get in. Then just as he hits the window with a rock to break it the owner of the car comes and asks what he's doing just as he notices his car (which looks exactly the same)a few spots away lol.
                      HAHAHA...yeah I saw that one during the Phill Atlanta game...had me rolling on the ground. HAHAHA!!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                        Good luck trying to do it yourself. I locked my keys in the Camaro a couple of summers ago and stood and watched for an hour and a half while 2 locksmiths tried to get into with various slim jims and wedges. Finally they got it...I was lucky they didn't charge by the hour. But that kinda made me feel a little better about he likelyhood of a thief not being able to get into it easily. I guess it helps that I don't have power locks. hehe Good luck man...and take care when you ship out. Oh, and thanks! For going over there.
                        Maybe I just got lucky, but I got mine unlocked with a hanger, at 2:00am, in the rain in about 15 minutes. The next time it happened I got it in about 5 min.

Randy
                        99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                        93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

This actaully happened to me a month or 2 ago. We tried a staightened coathanger. We were trying to push the unlock button on the door but that didnt work. We are lucky enough to have a good friend who works at the chevy dealership. He came over and got it open and we got new keys the next day. The ignition keys were like $25 a peice but atleast now I have spares.

*** I forgot to add the part about us changing the battery in the remote. This happened before we reprogramed it so we couldnt use the remote.

Comment

The guy got in. Took him 20 minutes working on the pass side. He took a putty knfe to peel back the weatherstripping enough to put a wodden wedge in there to give him some work area. Then he took a thick prebent wire and played aound for 15 minutes till he got it. Cost $35. Well worth it.

I jumped it, and it runs great!

Comment

Glad to hear it
                              Enjoy her for the next couple of days.

We're all proud of the sacrifices that you make for our country and its people....thank you and everyone in the armed forces who are making this world a better place.

God bless
                              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                              X