A4-M6 conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4-M6 conversion

Well I've had my car now for almost 4 years and up until now it's just been a form of transportation. Since I put the 6 speed in it, it has become a whole new animal. I told my wife "I think I'm in love."

Friends don't let friends buy an automatic.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Unless I was buying an F-body strictly to drag race, I wouldnt even consider looking at a car with an automatic. Not interested at all. The M6 is waaayyy to much fun.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The first couple times I tried the M6, I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it. Since I started driving, then bought, the Z, I just can't think about an auto. Heck, I look for a clutch pedal when I drive the Jeep or GN lol.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
        The first couple times I tried the M6, I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it. Since I started driving, then bought, the Z, I just can't think about an auto. Heck, I look for a clutch pedal when I drive the Jeep or GN lol.
        That is funny when you get in a car and the first thing you do is go to push the clutch pedal in then realize there isn't one there.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          Friends don't let friends buy an automatic.
          I want to do the conversion so badly. When i got my financing approved, i had to choose from 8 different in state f-bodies...and that was from a list of god knows how many i gave them. Only one was an M6, but that camaro was shot. I love my ride...but i'd love it that much more if it was stick

One day though, when i finally make the conversion, it will be that much more gratifying

I wish when my tranny went out that i actually waited that extra month to get the extra $$$ for the conversion. I would have but i really needed my car at the time
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

A time or two I've slammed on the breaks in one of my parents vehicles by catching the side of the break pedal with my left foot looking for the clutch to shift. It really scares the crap out of you lol.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              Since I put the 6 speed in it, it has become a whole new animal.
              Totally agree. When I had my conversion done, it felt like I had a whole new car.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

how much did it cost to do the conversion in all
                1995 formula firebird
                mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

Originally posted by formula14.18
                  how much did it cost to do the conversion in all
                  Here, check this out -

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9349
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                  X