Serpentine belt part number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serpentine belt part number

but not the stock one. My car has instaled the March pullies set (cranck & alternator kit)...i know...not worth in an auto tranny and I would not recommend them in this kind of tranny. The belt came with the March set as "special offer" and it's working fine yet. I want to have a spare serpentine belt. I already sent an email to March but I have not received a reply yet.

Thanks a lot in advance
    Take care
    Dochidalgo
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Originally posted by dochidalgo
    but not the stock one. My car has instaled the March pullies set (cranck & alternator kit)...i know...not worth in an auto tranny and I would not recommend them in this kind of tranny. The belt came with the March set as "special offer" and it's working fine yet. I want to have a spare serpentine belt. I already sent an email to March but I have not received a reply yet.

Thanks a lot in advance
    Take care
    Dochidalgo
    I happen to have the number. Not here at work though. I'll get you the number when I get home later this afternoon. As far as not being worth it, I don't know about that. I am still on my stock tensioner, alternator, power steering pump and all with 137K miles. They might be worth only a few ponies, but I feel they add longevity to the accessories and less belt slip.

Comment

Thank you sir.
      Yes, you're right about the longevity added to the accessories and in your case with a M6 tranny, a few ponnies extra.
      Best regards
      Dochidalgo

Comment

Dayco 960K6

Comment

Thanks Joe. Do you know, by any chance, the belt dimensions: lenght or diameter?

Take care
          Doc

Add: This link from the Corvette forum speaks about a slip test over several belt brands...interesting.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=517903

Comment

[QUOTE=dochidalgo]Thanks Joe. Do you know, by any chance, the belt dimensions: lenght or diameter?
            QUOTE]
            Is the length 960 mm?
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

No. Belts aren't in metric measurements.

960 = 96.0 inches

K6 = 6 rib serpentine (27/32")

edit: IIRC that is the Drive-Rite part number 960K6. I think the Dayco number is 5060960

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I am holding the carboard wrapper in my hand.....
                Dynaflex Heavy Duty Automotive V-ribbed belt by Dayco, Part number 960K6.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  I am holding the carboard wrapper in my hand.....
                  Dynaflex Heavy Duty Automotive V-ribbed belt by Dayco, Part number 960K6.
                  Can't argue with that!

My only defense...it's been a while since I worked with those things...

edit: Friend that still works at Advance just reminded me that Drive-Rite brand is made by Dayco, and uses the Dayco part numbers.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                  '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                  Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

bru333:
                    Thanks to you too, man.
                    Regards
                    Doc

Comment

Working...
                    X