Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: Quiz: What is more fun than should be legal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Quiz: What is more fun than should be legal.

Who can guess what I did this weekend??

This sport allows for the following:
    1) you can legally go all over God's creation any speed you want.
    2) you can corner, weave and go as crazy as you want as long as you respect others
    3) you can race, and compete without fear of getting a ticket. Dragraces included.

I never exceded 70mph, due to the fact my equipment was older, but the others in my group with newer equipment were cruising at 100+ mph for minutes at a time. No laws were ever broken, and we were out in the open, on hundreds of miles of public property crossing the entire state.

I havent ever had this much fun with my clothes on before!!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Snowmobiles???????
    Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

Originally posted by CLWILSON
      Snowmobiles???????
      Yeah! My first time out. I've ridden them before, around the yard, but never actually gone out on a cross country run.

It is awsome! After a little while getting used to the feel of the sled, I was hammering it through corners in the woods. I picked it up really quick and it felt natural the second day.

I rode a 1988 Polaris Indy400 liquid cooled. It topped out at 70mph, but was really gutsy at lower speeds. I had no problem keeping up with the bigger sleds when we were in the twisty trails, but as soon as the trail straitened out, my buddys were able to pull away quickly. They had 650 tripples.

It was unreal. I was jamming it through the corners as hard as I could, puting all my weight into it. I dare say it was more fun than driving a fast car. 70 mph on a sled feels pretty dang fast. I didnt get a chance to take one of the 650s up that fast, but I'm sure that 100mph was mind blowing.
      It was a complete adrenaline rush. The trails up in northern Wisconsin are perfect right now. You can even drive sleds on the back roads. They dont plow down to bare pavement so that sleds can get around.

can you tell I'm excited? You could never get away with driving a car in public the way you can drive a sled!! It's unreal, almost like there are no rules other than to be sober and think a little. I was lifting a ski around corners, pinching the throttle down hard halfway through the corner and coming out sideways, it was insane fun.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Silver State Challenge? I think it was 2 years ago that a 93 Camaro won the Unlimited class taking out Vipers and what not with an average 197 mph!
        1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Disregard previous statement!
          1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
            Disregard previous statement!
            You thought I was talking about sportscars, didnt you!

Have you ever gone snowmobiling? If I had driven a bike or car anywhere near as wild as I drove that sled this weekend..... I'd be in jail right now.

instructions for beginner snowmobilers:
            "go really really fast. When you see a tree, turn"
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

Never ridden one at all. In fact it has only snowed where I live twice in my lifetime.
              Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

They are a blast... I have a 2002 Ski-Doo in the garage. The problem is I can never find time to ride it... I'm heading off to California today for the week, so no riding this week. Maybe next week when I get home...

Later all.
                2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
                X