nfb: A few hurricane pics from Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: A few hurricane pics from Florida

After the hurricanes from this past season, I never really posted any photos. I came across these that are from a local park. You can see how much the landscape has been changed.

Before and after:

Before: after:

I am still amazed at how much of the landscape had been torn to shreds. It will be years before this get back to near normal.

Geeze man, that's horrible.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I feel for all the people who have lost family and homes to the hurricanes BUT, I also have to say this is something to be expected as they are not a new development. I have a hard time feeling bad for the guy that has lost his house 4 times to tornadoes, while living in tornado ally! I kinda feel the same for people who live in places where there are frequent geological or wheather related disasters. If I live on a fault line I dont expect to not have an earth quake. Disasters are terrible, but if you live where they happen frequently, why would one not move? I dont want to sound like an A@%, its not my intention, and Im not trying to jack this thread I just had to get it off my chest.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Dewynter, I live in Jacksonville Fl and have for twenty years and there is no way you can say that Fl is an unsafe place to live. This is the first big string of hurricanes i have ever seen hit florida. Usually we may get one big one but they are never as bad as these all were. You could hardly say that this is an area prone to natural disasters like they happen once or twice a year. I'm sure Joe will agree with me when i say I wouldn't live anywhere else and people that have never been here can't respect just how gorgeous it is(not saying you have never been here). Funny thing is that we sit here and watch the news and feel bad for the rest of you guys when you get blizzards (which is a storm of a rumored substance called snow ), floods, mudslides, tornados, earthquakes , and some of you can't drive your f-bodies year round . So in my humble opinion I would have to suggest spending a few years in the sunshine state before making any statements about how crazy we are for living here. Funny thing is that I was walking on the beach yesterday telling myself I wouldn't live anywhere else.
        1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Can't say I've had a problem with earthquakes for almost 16 yrs. now. I love being able drive the Z year-round and only have to worry about some rain. Minus the cost of living, I love it here in the Bay Area
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

ok I see my post got a little mis read. Im not saying people are crazy for living there nor am i sayong i live in a better place, and I am certinly NOT saying it isnt a beautifl place. I am also not saying that hurricanes happen ALL the time. I am saying that anyone who does live there takes the risk that a Hurrican MAY come and take their home! Just like living in tornado Ally, a tornado MAY take your house, its a risk! But a person shouldnt say (as I watched many people after the hurricanes say on TV interviiews) that they were shocked and surprised that this has happened. I live in Alberta, and yes I cant drive my car year round (unfortunate), but its also the place on earth where tornados happen second most frequently (first being the strip of land in the USA apptly named Tornado ally) and IF a tornado cam and wrecked my house I might not be happy but, I couldnt go around telling everyone "damn I didnt see that coming" This is not implied or expressed to anyone on the boards as I have never herd anyone on here say anything but how slow it is to get a roof back on . I watched CSI Miami last night too and the way they depicted events down there as It was a one in a million chance event, yet they said it was common for thrill seekers to surf the storm surge, was kinda conflicting. (and yes its just TV, but millions watch it)

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror