stupid lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid lights

I swear every week one of my many lights on my car blows...when i bought the car every one was blowen so i replaced them all and i have replaced them jus recently i would say december and about a week ago a foglight went out this week one of my low beams and 1 high beam and a side marker went out..it seems to happen all on the same side at once.i have replaced every outside light on it including brake lights,side markers, all of em and it seems like every week or so one blows...im thinkin its an electrical problem, but I was jus wondering if anyone else has had that problem also?

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
    **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
    **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Sounds like your voltage regulator (in the alternator) isn't working right.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

If you can get somebody to throw a voltmeter across the battery with the car running, just rev it up a little and measure the voltage. It is probably OK if 13.8-14.2 but if you are getting around 15 volts or so, the regulator isn't regulating properly and the bulbs are going to blow more easily. And, yes, the regulator is built into the alternator.

Comment

Working...
      X