Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB little splinter... this picture makes me hurt!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB little splinter... this picture makes me hurt!

For all you Motor Cycle Riders.... If a moderator deletes this because it is too gross, i'll understand. I figured it was worth a shot.

Below is an actual emergency room photo of a gentleman who lost control of his motorcycle on a country road in West Virginia. Troopers believe that he was traveling at a speed of approximately 75 mph at the time of he accident. He was unable to negotiate a curve in the road. Unfortunately for him, upon striking the ditch and being ejected from the bike, he landed back end first on a fencepost from an old barnyard fence that was downed on the side of the road. You can probably picture what happened next, but the attached picture really says it all. This picture was obviously removed from the trooper's files without permission. The good news is that after about 6 months, this man made a full recovery after suffering a shattered hip, broken leg, several broken ribs, internal injuries, and "soft tissue" damage. Doctors credited his recovery to the fact that the post lodged itself so tightly that there was little or no blood loss.

http://24.196.89.146:2980/webshare/splinter.jpg

After careful consideration, I removed the photo and turned it into a link. That way a choice has to be made as to whether or not to view the photo. It's pretty graphic.......... Moderator
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Man, talk about you bowel movements

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Geeesh...i don't even know if i would want to survive that one
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

holy crap!!! YIKES! Scary stuff...gross too...glad he survived.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

So, I'm in this Internet Explorer window with the picture behind it. I'm about to look....................
          Holy Crap, that was horrible.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
          Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Um...yea..that's gotta hurt.
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

i heard it was photo shopped. for one..where's the face and mouth protection of the e room personell. and look at the 'nurse" in the background.. uh huh....

who knows.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Emergency room personnel don't always have face or mouth protection. Also, look how mottled the leg in the foreground is from loss of circulation. It could be real. There was a show on TV a whiile back where 2 friends on a motorcycle impaled themselves on a pole sticking out from a truck. they were both stuck together and had to go to surgery like that. Anyway, it is a similar situation that was for real, so I guess it could happen as portrayed in the picture. BTW, where's his thingy???

Comment

Real or not real, who ever tried to cut the pole didn't have a very good saw.
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Doubt it happened here. That pic has been on the net for a while. Plus I've never been to the hospital to take pics of a guy unless he was dead... of course if I knew the living guy looked like that I might make the trip.

JasonG

Comment

wow
                      1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

I dont think a tweezers is going to get that out.

I have a feeling his "thingy" got turned inside-out. That's gunna leave a mark. I'm glad he survived it!
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:
                        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Link doesn't work, but I know which picture it is. I've heard all sorts of stories about that particular picture too.

What I can tell you is that something similar to that happened here. A guy fell off of some scaffolding and straight down onto a 2X4 that was sticking up out of the ground. It went up his rear, taking out his "package", and came out his back. He's gonna live too, but will have bags for the rest of his life.

I think I'd have asked for 2 minutes alone and a Desert Eagle 50 caliber
                          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Sorry about the link. My server was down for updates.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevin - Blown 95 TA]There was a show on TV a whiile back where 2 friends on a motorcycle impaled themselves on a pole sticking out from a truck. they were both stuck together and had to go to surgery like that. /QUOTE]
                              I saw that on Max X. Ouch. The pole went through both of their left shoulder/rib area. They went through several hours of surgery while a news camera or someone filmed them. I think it was in Thailand or somewhere in that south Asian area.
                              97 SS #C007
                              Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                              SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
                              X