Ram air camaro hoods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram air camaro hoods

I am in the process of deciding on a hood to buy.... I am trying to choose between the slp ultra z and the suncoast creations z style. Has anyone had any experience with these? Also I am not sure as to whether or not the slp hood comes with a new air box or not, where the suncoast creations comes with a fully functional ram air box. I am very concerned with the construction and quality of the products. Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks
    The suncoast hood.... http://www.lmperformance.com/877/13.html
    The slp hood....
    http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...&SHOWEMAIL=Off

I own a SLP Hood

In another thread I mentioned I had my original GM Hood stolen so I ordered a SLP Ram Air HO hood for my Trans Am. I know the manager of the Pontiac Body Shop who has dealt with a number of hoods. He stated he is relatively satisfied with the quality of SLP hoods. Make sure that the body shop does a good job painting the entire hood all around and uses several coats of paint.
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

suncoast hood

I just got my suncoast hood today and im a little disappointed. Several portions of the hood were heavily primered to cover up some imperfections in the fiberglass and the grilles fro the air inlets were obviously bondo'd in place and not very neatly. The ram air box that was supplied had a cross threaded bolt that required me to pull out the brass threading from the plastic to get it open and will new require them shipping me a new one or some modification to look and fit right. Also the gaskets supplied were very cheap and not even cut straight!. I paid 1200 for everything shipped and so far im not feeling like it was worth it. Ill let everyone know what the finished product is like.

Comment

The SLP hoods are very high quality... the Ram Air HO hood (I have one) is a virtual copy of the OEM factory piece. The Ultra-Z hood is similar quality. SLP prices were around $700 for the hood PLUS $300 for the airbox. The airbox is also a copy of the original GM WS6 box, without the logo and the molded rubber seal.

I have seen too many complaints similar to the above regarding Suncoast hoods in my 5 years on these boards. I did not even consider Suncoast. Sad stories of uncured 'glass, bubbling paint, damages in shipment, poor customer service when there is a problem. ASCD would be a much better alternative, if they make a hood you like.

The SLP finish was very good, but I think dimnesionally it could have been a little better. I would like mine better if it was about 1/8" longer to fill the gap to the bumper cover better.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

what Injuneer said!....I have the SLP Ram Air Hood / Air Box on my '95 Formula.....well pleased with it.....

just make sure you take the time to check out shops that offer quality paint jobs....
          DWS
          Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Wish i would have known....

I posted this 2 weeks before ordering the suncoast hood where were you guys then!!!!! oh well at this point all there is to do is cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Comment

sorry, man....I just registered this week
              DWS
              Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Complain!

I complained about my 1st hood from carhoods .com . I sent the hood back they SENT ME NEW HOOD, credited me FULL REFUND and gave me a $100 rebait! I cann't complain
                96TA

Comment

Working...
                X