Ick....tree sap? >w/n

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ick....tree sap? >w/n

I have a few small sap(Pine) spots on my hood. What do I use to get this off and how?? Thanks
    John
    97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
    02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
    99 Bravada

I've had that before... came off easily with soap and water and a little harder pressure.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Goo gone may help. Whatever you do, get it off quick. It will eat into the paint.

Comment

This sounds painful, but it works without digging and rubbing your paint to death. Use WD-40 and wipe gently to medium until sap is gone, and flush with water and a paint safe detergent. This is the story of my life; I grew up in a Ponderosa Pine forest...I had this problem on a daily basis when I lived at home, and I usually come home with a present when I visit my parents. Now, this won't work so well if the sap is hardened and crusted over.
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

theres a product by turtle wax called bug and tar removal,theres two types of applications, aerosol and a regular can that you can pour on to a terry cloth towel and wipe off. you might have to do it more than once but it will come off. you can buy this prduct at kragen,schucks ayto parts
          Miss My Bird

Comment

Whatever you do don't use laquer thinner

Comment

If of those remedies work, try Zaino's clay bar...you'll be AMAZED what it will take out of your paint...even if you thought you had a clean finish to begin with...good stuff!

KnightFire
              1993 Formula Firebird
              Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

to followup on Knightfire's post....... not only will the zaino clay remove it... but if you go to www.zainobros.com...read up..and order..and coat your car with zaino polish... the tree sap wont stick! neither will bugs! or most anything! it all can be removed bya simple spray of his gloss enhancer and a soft cotton towel.. prevention is worth a pound of cure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                X