Need 1996 wiper blades (refills?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 1996 wiper blades (refills?)

Well, after nearly 10 years of use, my wipers are starting to show their age. I'd love to buy refills, but alas, non are out there. I believe they can be purchased (blade and all) from the dealer at a ridiculous price.

What have you guys done, with 93 - 97 setups? Is everyone of the mindset that the 98 - 02 are the way to go? I know the later years' refills are easy to come by, but do the arms work better, other than looking different? I'm curious to see what the general concensus is on keeping the original style, or going with the 98 - 02 style.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

I went through few exchanges. But I found the right wipers. Get the ones by Anco I believe, great blades, and they make specialty sizes ,part# 22-24. I got mines from Auto Barn. I think problem with my forks on the 93,they are upside down from the conventional blade forks. That is why size 22 regular replacements do not work. Don't let them sell you regular blades, you will just have to go back and return them.
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

I bought some refills from Kragen and haven't had a problem with installing them, except that the blades are poor quality. I'm gonna switch them out for some Bosch blades...never had a problem with them and they work great. You can replace the whole assembly without a problem, it uses the standard hook design that most vehicles use.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I picked up a pair of Anco 24N (narrow) refills for my 94, and they worked great.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

trico makes a blade called "exact fit." They make them for our car. 12 bucks per blade. Got them at advance auto. Excellent blade, great quality. I don't like how anco is plastic. These trico's are exactly like a factory blade.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            trico makes a blade called "exact fit." They make them for our car. 12 bucks per blade. Got them at advance auto. Excellent blade, great quality. I don't like how anco is plastic. These trico's are exactly like a factory blade.
            These are the blades I bought...after one year, they're starting to smear. I've had previous experience with Trico, and they're not bad per say, but Bosch makes a better blade. Just my opinion.
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
              These are the blades I bought...after one year, they're starting to smear. I've had previous experience with Trico, and they're not bad per say, but Bosch makes a better blade. Just my opinion.
              hehe, exact opposite for me. I had bosch on my conquest, and I'll never buy them again.. They work good if it's down-pouring, that's about it. Drizzle, it just smears. Since they were new. I mighta got some bogus blades. I stay away from bosch now. I bought them over anco when I saw them there because I liked how they were steel. They looked like better quality. Good thing it was only a 10 dollar mistake.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

so , to summarize

Is the general concensus to leave the aerodynamic (yet bulky) original arms, or upgrade(?) to the newer design found on the later years? I'm kind of torn as to whether or not to ditch the originals and use the sleeker appearing 98 - 02 arms/blades.
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Stick with the stock arms.
                  Steve

Comment

When I said "refills", I meant only the rubber blades, nothing else. Less than $10 for a pair as I recall - It was about 6 years ago that I replaced them. While the blades were out, I painted the metal parts with a satin black, and gave the plastic parts a good cleaning and keep them black with Mother's "Back To Black". The Anco's are still working fine, even after 6 years, but in all honesty, the car hasn't seen much rain in the last 3 or 4 years.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                    X