T-Tops Leak Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tops Leak Help!

My t-tops are leaking in the corners near the doors both sides, any one know where I can get some weather striping and is it easy to put on??? What tools do I need?

What year, make, and model is your car?
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Shes a 94 V6 3.4......hopfully not for long

Comment

I have a 94 3.4 v6 too, and I have the same problem. Mine aren't bad yet, but they have developed a leak...
        White 1994 Camaro
        T-tops, Red&Gray Interior
        ....v6

Comment

Most likely, it is leaking at the plastic pieces at the top of the door, at each outside edge of the T-Top. You can replace the seal under the plastic pieces with roofing seal. You have to remove the screws and then the plastic pieces. Then clean everything that is part of the sealing process, with Q-tips and lacquer thinner (except the new sealant material). Cut the piece that you need to replace with a little excess to hang out of the edges.
          I bought this peal and stick sealant stuff at WalMart.
          Sorry, I don't have any pictures of where this goes-maybe later today-

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

BTW, you may only have to fix the rear seal. I would fix those first, and then check it to see if you still have leaks-If you do, then fix the front ones-

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Also make sure the internal drain holes aren't clogged. If they get clogged, then you are going to have leaks.
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

thanks for the info

I tried a method of rebuilding the current seal with black silicone in which I found on f-body.org....I tried it out and no leaks....so far....I'll try anything not to get soaked at the car wash again!

Comment

Originally posted by crazycooter
                  My t-tops are leaking in the corners near the doors both sides, any one know where I can get some weather striping and is it easy to put on??? What tools do I need?
                  if you want, you can have mine. It's from my 95 T/A and it never leaked. I have no use for it since I'm picking up my 'new' 95 and this one is on the way to the boneyard.

Just PM me...you take care of the shipping and it's yours
                  1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

The recommended restoration of t tops is to treat the weatherstripping with silicon spray once a day for one week, or use a special gel made specifically for revitalizing weatherstripping. Using either of these make sure that the t tops are and can remain dry for the process.

weatherstripping costs over a hundred bucks, a can of silicon spray costs $1.75 at walmart. Take your pick.
                    1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
                    V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
                    previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X