Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB:Need a new cell phone carrier, any opinions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVF....

I would say that you actually need to ignore the technology arguement and focus on what plans and features work for you and then ask people who live in your area about the service quality there.

For the record, as we had been arguing the points of CDMA and GSM technology it is important to note that neither one provides data service....in lehmans terms, it provides an access point for data services to interconnect with your phone. Data usage is separate on your phone and consists of a separate Data service such as EDGE or GPRS. It is possible that in the future even GSM will use CDMA as it's choice for voice delivery, being that right now GSM exists as an overlay to existing TDMA technology and both TDMA and CDMA have their weaknesses. With that in mind, CDMA will never be used to "phase out" GSM as noted earlier, since that is really not even possible due to the underlying technology. I don't think Cingular is going to give up the largest wireless network in the country to switch to inferior technology.

I think if you want to watch tv or do any other data things with your phone, T-mobile and perhaps Sprint may have the ability to do that soon if they don't already, I have not checked in a while.

Good luck with your search.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Working...
    X