Another B.S. post.....SRT4 versus LS1's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another B.S. post.....SRT4 versus LS1's

It starts off OK until the dorks get involved......then it goes downhill from there.
    http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...=113118&page=1
    Dave S
    2000 Black Camaro SS

(Sigh) Its sad to see this. Makes people like me look bad. Stock Vs Stock we all know the out-come of that so no use in getting aggrivated. End!
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Bah, who cares what they say on other forums This one is yours and that one is theirs!

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

PROJECT: Firebird '68 Firebird Convertible // 455 Engine // 389 Tri-Power Intake // 4 Speed Manual Trans

Comment

ignore it. you can't change it...... trust me...... moderated this forum since 97........ even the neon forums did it.. intrepid forums...you name it.... they live in world of fantasy... hide behind computers and talk poop..........

truth is on the track........the pavement, the g's in the turns........

but most of all........

American Muscle is class.........

want soy with your rice cakes?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sigh*

The only SRt4 I ever raced was a yellow one with from what i could tell had exhaust, blow off valve, and boost controller (I will explain how i know this in a sec). He kept trying to play wit me at 55 mph... lol i destroyed him with my puny lil LT1. Then we hit a street light and the first gear run was even worse. Then he musta upped the boost cuz every run after that he stayed only about 2 lengths behind me instead of the previous three. It really makes me laugh reading that cuz i ripped that car to shreds and we only raced in 3-5 second spurts. He musta felt so bad after that cuz he rolled up all his windows after that and decided it was time to cruise.
          1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

It is entertaining to read their comments. They have no clue. I like the one that said "craperos are faster off the line - the firechicken has more on the top end" - hilarious. I respect what Dodge has done with the Neon....er SRT4, but they are not in the same class. They are the tops in their class at that price point though - compact 4 door sedans. Any car can be made to be fast - to each their own.
            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

I like how they always raced from a rollin start at that...25, 35 to what ever speed. They never like to race from a stop, they just have to get that boost up before there allowed to race . Or would there be another reason i'm not aware of?
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                I like how they always raced from a rollin start at that...25, 35 to what ever speed. They never like to race from a stop, they just have to get that boost up before there allowed to race . Or would there be another reason i'm not aware of?
                They can't drive.

Much harder to launch a car effectively than punch the accelerator while alreay moving.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Ok guys...i have to say from experience(please dont kick me off the board) that a very well driven srt-4 from a roll has the "potential" to beatan LS1.
                  The reason i say this is because, one, i have raced three srt-4's from a roll and they were bone stock as far as i could tell. In all three races, we were dead even up until about 80mph. Maybe an LS1 has the ablility to pull on the top but i have walked plenty of stock ls1's from a roll and a stop. But lets remember guys, my best run in my car was a 13.34 at 106 and my fastest trap ever was at 108.6mph. I dont know how these cars kept up with me, but they did. Im not even a bad driver, most of my friends think that i really kick @ss at driving. I will try to get a vid of a couple of my friendsthat have srt-4's. One with a stage three kit and the others have stage 2. These cars are no slouches. Oh,i forgot to metion that i raced one at the track. I think Tom and Taso saw this race. From a dig those cars are pretty much useless as i pulled 2 1\2 cars on it out of the hole.

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
                  Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

I've raced them in my C6 and C5. They beat me every time.

NOT!
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34

the turbo needs to spool, and they have front wheel drive, the wheel hop alone is enough to shatter the windshield in some of the heavily modded cars with drag radials, either that or they smoke the heck out of the tires
                      2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                      1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                      past rides:
                      1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                      2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                      1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                      2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                      2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                      1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                      1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                      1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

What I think is funny is the fart pipe they throw on the back of those things. I supose they think that power is directly proportionate to the size of the exhaust tip? I have had guys in stock neons revving thier exhaust tips at me, while I sit at a light. And it doesn't have to be something that has potential either, I have had guys in all kids of junk heaps trying to race. I am not very good at racing, and I have never been to the track(all we have around here is an eigth mile drag)my car has not been modified much, I have cool air induction by K&N, a 3" Flomaster exhaust system from the Y-pipe back, and no cat. I also added the underdrive pully recently, and the short throw shifter. My '94 LT1 will has wasted everything that I've raced(all manner of mustangs, neons, honda's, grand ams, and some sort of BMW, the guy was really pissed about it to. I don't know about you guys but the only thing I don't like about my car is that its a pain in the ass to drive around up here in the Montana winters.LOL

-Stiks

Comment

There's a couple SRT-slow's, er 4's around here...they never really mess with me, just let me be. I had one start to get a little fresh...till i dropped her into 3rd at 50...let him know why SLP called it the Loudmouth . Some know there place, some don't (no disrespect inteded, but there is a wide difference). Really can't wait to tear into the GN and see one of them get lit up by her . An LS1 would smoke one, stock for stock assuming good drivers and good cars.
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

OK, I know that most of the SRT-4 owners on the SRT site are ricers, and don't really know that much about their cars. That's the consequence of that damn F&F movie.
                            However there is a rather large contingent out there of serious, knowledgable SRT-modders, and they are FAST when driven well. As for tire hop, anyone who can get an SRT to jump around is an idiot, flat and simple. They have excellent suspensions.
                            Now, as to whether they can beat an F-body, yes, of course they can.
                            So could a Cavalier if you put time and money into them. It's all about the driver and the quality of the mods on the car.
                            But, figuring good drivers, stock to stock, no, the SRT-4 would lose.
                            Dollar for dollar on mods, no.
                            The SRT-4 is definitely fast, but the F-body simply out-classes them.
                            The older turbo2.2 Mopars now...
                            ~Brian
                            '95 SSEi, silver, black leather R.I.P.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/gonneville

Comment

I read an article about a 470 hp SRT-4. It was a factory job, they were trying to find out how much power they could squeeze from the 2.4L engine. The car was stripped, no interior, no dash, all carbon fiber body, it really wasn't an SRT-4. Anyway I can't remember exact numbers but they ended up putting close to 30 grand into the thing. If I were to put that into my Camaro... Talk about a beast. That is the difference that they fail to see. I like to call it Fast and Furious syndrome. I think that was a conspiracy made by Asian car manufacturers to increase sales of thier wimpy so called "sports cars." I don't care what the horse power is there is a difference between 470hp SRT-4 and the 400HP '05 Vette stock from factory.

-Stiks

Comment

Working...
                              X