X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N*F*B*: No good deed goes unpunished :(

Here is a perfect example of why this world is so screwed up:

Gift of Cookies Crumbles; Girls Told to Pay $900

DURANGO, Colo. (Feb. 4) - A Colorado judge ordered two teen-age girls to pay about $900 for the distress a neighbor said they caused by giving her home-made cookies adorned with paper hearts.
    The pair were ordered to pay $871.70 plus $39 in court costs after neighbor Wanita Renea Young, 49, filed a lawsuit complaining that the unsolicited cookies, left at her house after the girls knocked on her door, had triggered an anxiety attack that sent her to the hospital the next day.

Taylor Ostergaard, then 17, and Lindsey Jo Zellitte, 18, paid the judgment on Thursday after a small claims court ruling by La Plata County Court Judge Doug Walker, a court clerk said on Friday.

The girls baked cookies as a surprise for several of their rural Colorado neighbors on July 31 and dropped off small batches on their porches, accompanied by red or pink paper hearts and the message: "Have a great night."

The Denver Post newspaper reported on Friday that the girls had decided to stay home and bake the cookies rather than go to a dance where there might be cursing and drinking.

It reported that six neighbors wrote letters entered as evidence in the case thanking the girls for the cookies.

But Young said she was frightened because the two had knocked on her door at about 10:30 p.m. and run off after leaving the cookies.

She went to a hospital emergency room the next day, fearing that she had suffered a heart attack, court records said.

The judge awarded Young her medical costs, but did not award punitive damages. He said he did not think the girls had acted maliciously but that 10:30 was fairly late at night for them to be out.

I would say that this woman is about as mean and malicious as a person could get. Its funny how a kind gesture by two good hearted teenage girls (rare these days), caused this woman so much anxiety, yet the whole court experience didn't phase her. This judge has to be a pretty mean spirited person, as well as an idiot, to give this crook any monetary award.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

It should have been thrown out. I waste of time and money for the people involved.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Just another way for the system to make money.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Our tax dollars at work.. An idiot can get payed for being an idiot!!
        Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

Hey guys, let's go give this woman's house an old-fashioned EGGING!!! At 2 AM!!!

Who's coming with me???
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            Hey guys, let's go give this woman's house an old-fashioned EGGING!!! At 2 AM!!!

Who's coming with me???
            I'll be there after I make a quick stop at the local ostrich farm.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Who's coming with me???
              I think I would like to be in on that one. Really give her some "Anxiety" to worry about

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Who's coming with me???
                Lemme swing by the store and get a few hundred rolls of TP as well. Could bring a couple paintball guns too for some more decoration
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I could bring out my potato cannon, that'd probably make her a little anxious!
                  ~Brian
                  '95 SSEi, silver, black leather R.I.P.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/gonneville

Comment

This just in... the world is OK after all. It is all going to work out

A local radio station raised $1900 to cover the girls' fines. The extra money was donated to charity. The lady has received numerous menacing telephone calls and several death threats. Her "anxiety level" has never been higher.

It's nice to hear that we're starting to take a stand against nonsense.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

The lady should be covered in honey and thrown in a pile of ants. Thank god for the radio station...
                      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                        Lemme swing by the store and get a few hundred rolls of TP as well. Could bring a couple paintball guns too for some more decoration
                        4 Spyder Imagines ready to action! LOL...whats a good color to paint her house with? I say bright orange and pink.

Man, what a waste...I'm glad it turned out for the better for the girls...I just hope it didn't dampen their hearts...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

This just in... the world is OK after all. It is all going to work out

A local radio station raised $1900 to cover the girls' fines. The extra money was donated to charity. The lady has received numerous menacing telephone calls and several death threats. Her "anxiety level" has never been higher.

It's nice to hear that we're starting to take a stand against nonsense.
                          That's an ending to this story that i like to hear. I swear, some people would sell their souls to make an extra buck....it's sad that a kind gesture these days comes with a punishing consequence
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                          X